Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bebeee
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Grant Number

Jump to solution

I began to install McAfee All Access, encountered a problem with an old version of Norton Symantec, and the McAfee download has halted due to this problem.  I deleted Norton and went back to McAfee's download site only to be asked for a 'grant' number followed by captcha characters.

I have my serial number for the purchase, but that is not the same as the 'grant' number.

Any ideas in this community that may help me?

The McAfee product is still not installed.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Grant Number

Jump to solution

Did you use the Norton Product Removal tool as well?Uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool

In addition see the following:Preparing your Windows computer to download and install McAfee Consumer products

Also see:

If all else fails,you can always contact Technical Support 24/7:

Make certain you are current with all of your Windows Updates,to include Internet Explorer. McAfee and other programs require it,in order to function properly. I might add also, there was an (Out of Band) Security Update released yesterday for all Versions of Windows.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Did you use the Norton Product Removal tool as well?Uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool

In addition see the following:Preparing your Windows computer to download and install McAfee Consumer products

Also see:

If all else fails,you can always contact Technical Support 24/7:

Make certain you are current with all of your Windows Updates,to include Internet Explorer. McAfee and other programs require it,in order to function properly. I might add also, there was an (Out of Band) Security Update released yesterday for all Versions of Windows.

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion - By Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

Moved this to SecurityCenter for now - Moderator.

BTW a grant number would refer to Enterprise products from McAfee, are you sure you went to the right download area, which should be here: Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Ooops! Sorry Peter, may want to move back to Security Center, My Bad.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Here is just as good.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

You clicked on the enterprise download area - start at the consumer area and you will be fine.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

This has been solved successfully, see a new thread the OP created here: 

Locking this one.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community