Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanTrusty
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Fonts VERY HUGE on McAfee UI

Jump to solution

I am running Windows 7, McAfee Internet Security.  I right-click the "McAfee" icon on the botton right of the taskbar,  and select "Open McAfee Internet Security", the screen that comes up has HUGE fonts and everything on the window is sort of "Smooshed" up together so that it is hard to read and use.   Is there some way to get the window to back-down a bit on the fonts?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
arunkn1
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Re: Fonts VERY HUGE on McAfee UI

Jump to solution

As McAfee depends upon Internet Explorer. The settings in Internet Explorer will effect McAfee.

Please open Internet Explorer>>Tools>>Internet Options and click the Accessibility button from General Tab and uncheck all under the title Formatting.

This will resolve the issue for sure.

AKN

View solution in original post

8 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 9

Jump to solution

There's some settings on your computer that are off becuase the UI itself is fixed.  Have you enabled Ease of Access tools by any chance or accidentally activated the Magnifier in Win 7?

Go to Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of Access/Magnifier and click - should turn off.

Certain keyboard shortcuts activate Magnifier and it can be very disconcerting.

If your whole screen looks like that then there is something amiss with your video card resolution settings.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 24/02/10 10:08:15 EST AM
RyanTrusty
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Jump to solution

I am not using the magnifier.    The rest of my system is fine.    If you look at the image I uploaded with this post, you can see that its not so much the Size of the fonts, as the fact that the regions display text are too small for the fonts that are being used.  In other words, its not that the McAfee UI is Very Big, but that specific regions within that UI are too small to hold their text.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

Jump to solution

Hi,
May I know whether any recent changes were made with the computer ? especially with your browser
Also let us know whether the programs were installed through a cd setup or from the website .

Regards,
Dinesh K

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 9

Jump to solution

The one on the right here is mine, by comparison.  I'm going to investigate this further and get back to you, but in the meanwhile you may wish to contact Technical Support Chat via Useful Links at top of the page as I have never seen this happen before.

(Click to enlarge)

Capture.JPG

arunkn1
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Jump to solution

As McAfee depends upon Internet Explorer. The settings in Internet Explorer will effect McAfee.

Please open Internet Explorer>>Tools>>Internet Options and click the Accessibility button from General Tab and uncheck all under the title Formatting.

This will resolve the issue for sure.

AKN

RyanTrusty
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

Jump to solution

Thanks!!   That was the answer...the "Ignore font sizes specified on webpages" option was checked.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 9

Jump to solution

Thank you Arun..never thought of that one.   Glad it's OK now Ryan, good luck.

arunkn1
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

Jump to solution

Glad that the issue is resolved..

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community