cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angrycustomer
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Firewall settings keep changing on their own

I'm using mcafee total protection on windows vista x64 home premium. My firewall setting are suppose to be set to Stealth Mode, Smart Advice is suppose to ask what to do when a program tries to connect to the internet. I also have some programs blocked from connecting to the internet. Every couple hours these settings change to Outgoing Access, smart Advice decides automatically what to do and my programs are given outgoing access to full access including the ones I blocked. I am extremely annoyed with this problem. I would really appreciate a answer as why my setting won't stay saved.

4 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 5

Re: Firewall settings keep changing on their own

What browser are you using?

I would contact support as I have not seen this happen ever .

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

karthiks
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Try restoring the McAfee Firewall to defaults and check with the Firewall Settings. If problem persists, as suggested by Tony please contact the McAfee Free Technical support for assistance.

• ü  Open McAfee Security Center
  • ü  Open Firewall Settings
  • ü  Click on Restore defaults
  • ü  Restart the computer
frasermcp
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Just joined forum to support 'Angrycustomer' and say that I've been experiencing this same thing for months now, (first noticed it before Dec 2011).

I've got McAfee Total Protection, (Windows 7 OS), and the only program that it appears to change, (very regularly), is Google Chrome, which it changes from 'full' to 'outgoing'.

The symtoms are that the internet appears to freeze, but if you check the McAfee firewall settings, it's changed Chrome back to 'outgoing' again?

F.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101336

That is the workaround for the chrome issue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community