cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
black_winter
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Firefox Slow Startup

I just installed Mcafee antivirus Plus and all of a sudden it takes firefox at least 10 seconds to start up.  Before all of this it used to take less than a second to bring up the window and hompage so what is going on and how can I fix this?

3 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 4

Re: Firefox Slow Startup

Cannot see that on mine though I am on the 2012 version alpha. Can you post back with the firefox version and Mcafee version numbers. Try with netguard disabled is there a change?

Netguard is in the firewall settings

black_winter
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

I am on Firefox 8.0 and

Mcafee SecurityCenter verion 11.0.623
Mcafee Virus Scan version 12.0.294

Mcafee Personal Firewall version 12.0.345

Mcafee SiteAdvisor 3.4.0.143

Mcafee QuickClean and Shredder version 11.0.393

and disabling Netguard didn't do anything.  I had the regular version of mcafee installed and I was doing just fine.  Is there anything added with plus that can cause this cause now even internet explorer is doing the same thing?

Manoj_AR
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Do you have any other spyware/malware protection software? If so please un-install it.

It would be good to try updating the windows and re-installing the McAfee software

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community