Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 11 of 33

Re: Facebook support

Jump to solution

@Edward_Franso 

Yes, please see attached a screenshot of the problem. 
IMG_3420.png

I replied to that message in good faith and got nothing back. Before we get to anything else, what was the point of that?

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 12 of 33

Jump to solution

@Edward_Franso 

I'm saddened by the fact that your response to my terrible customer service experience is to set me up for a McAfee call that never arrived, and then try change topic to my OS version or whatever.

Looking forward to a reply that addresses my concerns.

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 13 of 33

Jump to solution

@Edward_Franso 

Still unhappy with the call that didn’t come. 
Still waiting for you to explain. 

Regards

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 14 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @Edward_Franso 

You’ve sent me this utterly bizarre reply.

Mcafee rubbish message.PNG

This is weird.

My first post in this thread says:

I've had ongoing problems with Total Protection's built-in (and probably illegal) advertising lacking an opt-out feature.

At this stage, it seems like McAfee is deliberately jerking my chain with bad customer service.

Can I please get a public response as to why McAfee would contact me and then leave me hanging for 5 days?

I don’t understand why it would take you a week, including setting me up for a phone call that never came, to tell me something I stated in my very first post in this thread.

Really! I asked as to why the customer service was so bad, and the response was to dish up worse customer service.

At this stage – I give up. This is so terrible, I’m assuming it is out of spite. No organisation could be this bad by mistake.

Regards

Venkat_YM
Message 15 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @877-374-0231 

Greetings from McAfee.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please help us with the more information for better understanding to help you further along with the screenshot.

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance or call our helpline number 24/7 (866-622-3911)US.

McAfee Support

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.

Regards,
Venkat

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 16 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @Venkat_YM 

Thanks for joining the conversation!

In the face of the abysmal customer service from @Edward_Franso I had given up.

Can you please publicly explain to me why Edward would jerk me around for a week, set me up for a call that never came, then give advice that clearly shows he hadn't read a single post in the thread?

Regards

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 17 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @Venkat_YM 

I've given up on McAfee customer service. The experience with the help line was bad, the experience with the Facebook page was bad, and then in the forum @Edward_Franso wasted my time, set me up for a call that never came, and then publicly posted a reply that shows he hadn't even read the first post in the thread.

That said, if you want to hop in and start to redeem McAfee by explaining what went wrong with Edward, that would be amazing!

Regards

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 18 of 33

Jump to solution

Well @Venkat_YM 

I see you and @Edward_Franso are active on the forums, but haven't deigned to answer my questions. That's an answer in itself!

Shaguftashamid9
Contributor
Message 19 of 33

Jump to solution

Instead, you sent a private message asking me to nominate a time for McAfee to call. I did that, and sat around with my phone handy for 2 hours, but McAfee did not call about night lottery sambad. No contact whatsoever.

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 20 of 33

Jump to solution

Well @Venkat_YM @Edward_Franso 

This has been super frustrating!

I've received messages so badly written, it looks like a deliberate prank, and then when I ask for follow-up, I'm just ghosted.

Can you please get someone higher-up who bothers to read threads to contact me?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community