Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 1 of 33

Facebook support

Jump to solution

Hi

So, I've had ongoing problems with Total Protection's built-in (and probably illegal) advertising lacking an opt-out feature. Added to that is the woefully unprofessional customer service. I won't reiterate all that here, but you can search under my name if interested.

As part of all this, I contacted the Facebook page over a month ago. On Thursday, McAfee (Kandi P) contacted me via messenger and asked for some details. I provided them, and since then, no response (5 days so far). This is the second time McAfee has contacted me via Messenger, asked for information, and then had zero follow-up (it was Sharan G last time).

At this stage, it seems like McAfee is deliberately jerking my chain with bad customer service.

Can I please get a public response as to why McAfee would contact me and then leave me hanging for 5 days?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 14 of 33

Re: Facebook support

Jump to solution

Hi @Edward_Franso 

You’ve sent me this utterly bizarre reply.

Mcafee rubbish message.PNG

This is weird.

My first post in this thread says:

I've had ongoing problems with Total Protection's built-in (and probably illegal) advertising lacking an opt-out feature.

At this stage, it seems like McAfee is deliberately jerking my chain with bad customer service.

Can I please get a public response as to why McAfee would contact me and then leave me hanging for 5 days?

I don’t understand why it would take you a week, including setting me up for a phone call that never came, to tell me something I stated in my very first post in this thread.

Really! I asked as to why the customer service was so bad, and the response was to dish up worse customer service.

At this stage – I give up. This is so terrible, I’m assuming it is out of spite. No organisation could be this bad by mistake.

Regards

View solution in original post

32 Replies
Edward_Franso
Message 2 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @DannyCh 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused; we request you to contact our McAfee consumer support using the below link.

McAfee Chat Support request

Regards,
Edward Franso

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 3 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @Edward_Franso 

No. Why would I initiate a chat?

McAfee reached out to me via Messenger. I answered their query, and now they’ve left me waiting for 5 days. Again.

Please publicly explain why they did that?  It’s so wildly annoying, I suspect malice, but I guess it could be overwhelming incompetence. 

Whatever the case, I have zero patience for another wasted chat. Please show some initiative and get the relevant person to contact me. 
Regards

cyberdude
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 33

Jump to solution

i would like to ask which version number do you have currently installed ?

i have seen your messages overhere and it is going in circles and comes to no answer sadly.

if you still have version R51 installed all i can say is that mcafee is rolling out new version R107.

this is throttle released to the users.

this new version brings many changes under the hood and change in features.

if you don't have this new version currently i would wait a bit and see if it goes better with popups and the like.

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 5 of 33

Jump to solution

Thanks @cyberdude 

That’s a good suggestion for the technical problem. I’ll look at that, as needed. 
But part of what we pay for is the customer service, so I’d like to know why McAfee messaged me out of the blue, and then ignored my response. 
Looking forward to @Edward_Franso helping me with that!

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 6 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @Edward_Franso 

I'm confused.

Why would I initiate a chat? I have zero patience for another wasted chat. 

McAfee reached out to me via Messenger. I answered their query, and now they’ve left me waiting for 7 days. Again.

Please publicly explain why they did that. If you can't do that, maybe you can get Kandi P to contact me.

Regards

Edward_Franso
Message 7 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @DannyCh 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the issue.

Regards,

Edward Franso

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 8 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @Edward_Franso 

I've replied to your message, although I don't know how McAfee can improve their customer service if they hide complaints.

Regards

DannyCh
Contributor III
Message 9 of 33

Jump to solution

Well @Edward_Franso 

I thought the best thing to help McAfee and the customer base was to publicly discuss  why the customer service has been so comically bad in this instance.

Instead, you sent a private message asking me to nominate a time for McAfee to call. I did that, and sat around with my phone handy for 2 hours, but McAfee did not call. No contact whatsoever.

So, we are back where we started. Only I'm more frustrated than I was before you managed to make the customer service experience even more farcical than it already was.

Can you please publicly explain what's going on?

Regards

Edward_Franso
Message 10 of 33

Jump to solution

Hi @DannyCh 

Greeting from McAfee,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to kindly share the OS details along with McAfee version and kindly help us with screen shot of issues that you are facing. 

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Chat Support

Regards,
Edward Franso

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community