cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajb
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Excel 2016 Extremely Slow to Respond When Inserting New Lines

When inserting lines (rows) in a spreadsheet, I get an "Excel Not Responding" message. The new line eventually appears, but it is excruciating waiting for such a simple task, especially when I need to add many lines (rows).  I have performed both the quick fix and longer fix options to Microsoft office, including re-installing Office 2016, but to no avail. Microsoft suggested that perhaps my security software is running a virus scan in the background, but I can't verify that or turn it off. Help!

1 Reply
julierzepeda
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Excel 2016 Extremely Slow to Respond When Inserting New Lines

My excel is also very slow to respond and calculate formulas after having to use McAfee at work. Prior to McAfee, I was relying on Windows Defender, and I did n't experience the severe lag time in excel.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community