Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
annoyedcustomer
Former Member
Message 81 of 127

Re: Every time I start my computer the Mcafee "main" window opens

Jump to solution

I hate this popup. I need it gone. If it can't be stopped I may un-install McAfee. I don't use Windows much, don't really care if it gets a virus. Happy to format and install Linux.

johnross1983
Contributor
Message 82 of 127

Jump to solution

They are aware of it and it is being released soon, that is all for the news for the moment, please be patient.

PS McAfee does not 'own' Windows so it doesn't matter if you uninstall it and reformat.

Peacekeeper
Message 83 of 127

Jump to solution

OK 16.0.6 is out but only fro new installs. It will get released for updates early January. This why we do not like giving dates of release as bugs slow the release up and I assume they are wanting 2 weeks of stability before releasing the update. i will reinstall my Livesafe today or tomorrow and check the new version.

Peacekeeper
Message 84 of 127

Jump to solution

Ok reinstalled and 16.0.R6 installed no window opened in the 1 boot I tried will test over the next two days.

Peacekeeper
Message 85 of 127

Jump to solution

OK 6 cold boots no windows seems fixed.

cafaas
Contributor II
Message 86 of 127

Jump to solution

In software development for over 30 years - and this had to be by far the stupidest decision ever to allow your software to do this.

If every vendor decided to open their software admin console every time I booted up, I would spend the rest of the day closing everything.

Absolutely ridiculous junior school mentality (not by those who suggested this or even coded this) but those in management who approved this.

If not closed by January -- I've had enough of this kind of time wasting rubbish.

Peacekeeper
Message 87 of 127

Jump to solution

It is for new installs as I mentioned I assumed this as they worried about everyone updating and there is a bug that is why i assume the new install issue. The first attempt they had at the fix introduced a bug so they are approaching this release a bit more cautiously than I would have expected.Over xmas there is minimal availability of staff to fix bugs so i understand why.

That said we mods immediately reported the popup when we saw it occur and have been on their backs at each weekly call thereafter.

16.0.R6 stable for my new install 12 reboots

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 88 of 127

Jump to solution

I hope the update will be there soon

Peacekeeper
Message 89 of 127

Jump to solution

Update early January If you reinstall it is there now and  I am running it now and it is fine no popups

junk_cia_man_ju
Former Member
Message 90 of 127

Jump to solution

16.0.R6 -> what else will be fixed with this update?!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community