Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francois-listes
Former Member
Message 71 of 127

Re: Every time I start my computer the Mcafee "main" window opens

Jump to solution

You are obviously right at the place you are looking at. However if you check McUICnt.exe, which seems to be the basic container it indicates version 9.5.0.0 modified the 4th of october 2017. Well when we have an issue we are looking everywhere... and one is to know if the one Inside the programm is the valid one or if the one in the account may be...

matt100
Former Member
Message 72 of 127

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper,

You asked: "Those popups are they continual or happen irregularly ie as per this thread"

Not all the time. But when it is happening, it feels continual, because the popup keeps returning, first the splash screen, and then the popups, could be somewhere between 4 to 7 times before they stop. I haven't counted.

I haven't been keeping track of when it comes up, but I'm being more alert to this question now. Times that I'm noticing:

- On logging in, even if a different user had been using the computer and I just switched users.

- On doing a switch user back to my account that was already open, the popup could already be displayed, so it could have been open for any length of time

- On opening my browser (Chrome or Firefox), even if I had been logged in for awhile

- It may happen on opening a new browser tab or going to a new website (not sure on this one - could be simply a delay after opening the browser).

You asked: "Is this Livesafe or another product?"

It came installed with my Dell computer years ago, so I never knew the product name. Going into the "About" section of McAfee, it says "About McAfee SecurityCenter" and "McAfee SecurityCenter version 16.0.5." Looking at my most recently received renewal email, it says "McAfee SecurityCenter 1-year subscription." I don't see the word "Livesafe" anywhere. So my best guess would be that the product is called "McAfee SecurityCenter".

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 73 of 127

Jump to solution

This is a example of the latest Version/Build..mine is 'LiveSafe'

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
gettingold
Former Member
Message 74 of 127

Jump to solution

I have this same issue. Started about a month ago. Has there been a work aroud fix for these stupid screens yet?

matt100
Former Member
Message 75 of 127

Jump to solution

Here is what mine says in "About":

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version: 16.0.5

McAfee SecurityCenter

Version:16.5

Build: 16.5.190

AffId: 105-264

Language: en-us

Last update: 12/2/2017

McAfee VirusScan

Version: 20.5

Build: 20.5.179

Last Update: 7/31/2017

Engine version: 3187.0

Engine creation date: 12/5/2017

McAfee Personal Firewall

Version: 17.5

Buil: 17.5.145

Last update: 11/24/2017

McAfee WebAdvisor

Version: 4.0

Build: 4.0.7.141

AffId: 91118

Language: en-us

Last Update: 11/11/2017

McAfee Anti-Spam

Version: 17.5

Build: 17.5.173

Content version: 6115

Content update: 9/13/2017 3:02:19 PM

Engine version: 3.0.0.429

McAfee Parental Controls

Version: 18.5

Buil: 18.5.176

And here is a screenshot:

Peacekeeper
Message 76 of 127

Jump to solution

The fix will be for the at boot screen popup and should be out very soon in 16.0.6. The Mcuicnt file is not what you look for but the version shown in about on the last page of the interface.

The other popups could be caused by an issue in the dell released version as all users seeing this have that program.

francois-listes
Former Member
Message 77 of 127

Jump to solution

Yes, thank you , we are waiting for the next version. However as we can start McAfee clicking directly on the main application instruction McUICnt.exe, I thought it was wised to have a look at it, left click start the programm, rignt click gives the properties and the version of the application, it was my confusion, version 16.0 , is a more general collection of all the modifications and updates. This will be my last post on the subject.

Peacekeeper
Message 78 of 127

Jump to solution

Understand what you are saying you looked at the exe version not the whole program version which is found in the interface. Hope things improve soon.

matt100
Former Member
Message 79 of 127

Jump to solution

Peacekeeper - You wrote:

"The other popups could be caused by an issue in the dell released version as all users seeing this have that program."

You appear to be stating that this is a different issue from the on boot up popup that McAfee plans to deal with in release 16.0.6. Do you know if McAfee technical staff are aware of this separate popup issue? And if they are planning to repair it as well?

Peacekeeper
Message 80 of 127

Jump to solution

First I was confused here the other popups issues is still am unknown cause everything I tried with the user failed to shed light on the cause and the issue has been escalated to the forum lead tech. It is not as far as we know another symptom of the main window at boot opening issue.

Dell supplied Program not applicable as it was referring to another issue and now support has shown it not to be involved in that other issue. Sorry

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community