Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klaus1111
Former Member
Message 51 of 127

Re: Every time I start my computer the Mcafee "main" window opens

Jump to solution

I'm impressed by the way a customer complaint is being handled by McAfee. Unlike many other similar forums I have the impression that the moderators are actually reading the posts and there is a process in place on what to do. I hope this note of thanks isn't premature - I'll withdraw it (at least partially) if we don't get a solution in the forseeable future, but for now full marks for taking complaints seriously and at least trying to solve.

Peacekeeper
Message 52 of 127

Jump to solution

The fix is in the next version. We cannot say when it will be released as everytime we say that things happen and the release is held up and then we poor mods get yelled at. Ok maybe exaggerating a tad but that is why we and Mcafee rarely say a date.

It should not be long

ripley
Contributor II
Message 53 of 127

Jump to solution

Thanks, much appreciated.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 54 of 127

Jump to solution

Yes, I'm getting this too, the last three weeks.  And the window opening is effecting my internet connection when I first turn on the laptop and my modem and router.  It's taking a lot longer than normal to connect to the Internet for the most part.  I say "for the most part" because after that initial delay, I can get to my home page, Google, but connection to other web sites takes a few extra mintues after that.  And I can Google a search and have the results come up, even though no other web sites are connecting (links I click on in the results do not open).

I was always accessing all web sites within a minute of the modem and router booting up. Now it's a good three mintues after I x out of the McAfee window.

I left the McAfee window open to see what would happen and web sites won't open until I x out of it.  So it appears the window is somehow blocking the internet connection.   

Eagerly awaiting the update that fixes this .

Peacekeeper
Message 55 of 127

Jump to solution

Just checking that in general settings and alerts/ startup settings you have not deselected fast startup that really slows the booting a bit.

francois-listes
Former Member
Message 56 of 127

Jump to solution

On my side, fast startup déselected, all parameters whivh may impact have been deselected as well. No one of the solutions proposed so far worked. Expecting the next update will solve this boring issue....

Peacekeeper
Message 57 of 127

Jump to solution

It will we already worked out that all my suggestions sucked . I still do not see it ( the interface opening) every boot and I would reselect fast boot as it speeds the boot up for me.

we have been told it will fix things.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 58 of 127

Jump to solution

The box for "I want the fastest start up time" is checked. 

The McAfee window did open today, but for whatever reason, there was no internet connection delay.  Time to connect seemed normal.  

47mcafee
Former Member
Message 59 of 127

Jump to solution

I called the help line and he went in to my computer to fix it and didn't and never told me about the fix in the next version.

Bill

Peacekeeper
Message 60 of 127

Jump to solution

I will pass this onto the higher techs sometimes the lower level support personnel miss the notifications we mods only got told this last monday.

to note re support comment

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community