Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ripley
Contributor II
Message 21 of 127

Re: Every time I start my computer the Mcafee "main" window opens

Jump to solution

No shots intended but if every bit of software on my PC decided to open at startup to remind me it was there and doing its stuff, I'd get nothing done.

I don't like things foisted on me. I would rather it just sat there quietly and only made itself known if it was not working etc.

Also I am lazy and it steals two seconds of my life each time it opens and I have to close it.

I will try the disable fast startup and then re-enable it next time. Thanks

Peacekeeper
Message 22 of 127

Jump to solution

Sorry the popup now back so only workaround is to disable fast startup.

klaus1111
Former Member
Message 23 of 127

Jump to solution

I've tried the disable/enable fast startup solution and it doesn't work for longer than 1 reboot.

This is really annoying, particularly as the pop-up cannot be clicked away too quickly - it promptly reappears. If you just leave it in the background it jumps to the foreground the second you open something else. This means you MUST study the pop-up before you can do anything else. OK if there is a serious problem, definitely not OK if the information you're getting is purely informative.

johnross1983
Contributor
Message 24 of 127

Jump to solution

Hi , yes this is true that the disable/enable fast start up doesn't work for me, i thought it did until i booted up again and it just reappeared. i would rather turn it off completely rather than have obtrusive "adware type" pop ups.

rdelbar
Former Member
Message 25 of 127

Jump to solution

One more annoyed customer here. I know that I am using McAfee and I don't need to be reminded every time.

McAfee Security Center 16.0.5 on Windows 10 Pro version 1703 build 15063.726

ripley
Contributor II
Message 26 of 127

Jump to solution

Disable/enable fast startup also doesn't work for me. Ta.

Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 127

Jump to solution

Ok after 4 reboots no popup went to bed got up next morning it is back, This I agree is annoying. Funny though next reboot with fast startup enabled did not popup. It appears to take a boot or 2 to return. Will pass this onto the manager of the product

gymratt
Former Member
Message 28 of 127

Jump to solution

I am getting the interface upon startup NOT using windows 10.. using windows 8.1

As a above poster commented I don't want to have to close this application EVERY time I start up the computer.. this is reason alone for me not to purchase this product in the future... please post if there is a real work around. Turning off fast start is not consistently doing it.

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 127

Jump to solution

I have emailed the manager of Livesafe wait and see what he says

eldestmagician
Former Member
Message 30 of 127

Jump to solution

I have also been having this problem for a few days now and as all before me have only been able to stop it temporarily. I would expect it from 'Free Software' that imposes pop ups and adverts but NOT from subscription software. It is invasive and unwanted. I am prepared to uninstall and go elsewhere if this is not resolved despite almost one years subscription left.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community