cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 127

Re: Every time I start my computer the Mcafee "main" window opens

Jump to solution

I see deselecting fast startup in the General settings area ( gear wheel in Blue interface) stops this but really should not be happening. Asking the techs about this tomorrow.

ultrasuperman
Contributor
Message 12 of 127

Jump to solution

I have the blue interface

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 127

Jump to solution

I thought that would resolve the problem.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
johnross1983
Contributor
Message 14 of 127

Jump to solution

I have the Blue interface and attached is my details of version, couldnt cut and paste info directly so had to screenshot and edit it to add as imagemcafeeversion.jpg

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 127

Jump to solution

Ok thanks asking tomorrow you can disable fast startup though that does add a bit to the startup time for Mcafee

ripley
Contributor II
Message 16 of 127

Jump to solution

I don't know anything but I am convinced this is the fault of the last Windows update. Just turned on the desktop and the McAfee screen popped up. The update was applied last night and after the first re-start, there was no McAfee screen popping up, but it is now. On both my computers Microsoft Notebook also automatically opens now as well (again right after the update was applied) even though it is disabled at startup.

I will disable fast start up next time. Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 127

Jump to solution

Also open your McAfee User Interface,and select General Settings and uncheck (Fast Startup)

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 18 of 127

Jump to solution

To add to this

Actually setting it too disable fast startup then reboot and re-enable it appears in my case to have stopped this happening. Worth a try. This way you keep fast startup

Not so I noticed it is back so disabling fast startup only workaround sorry

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 127

Jump to solution

I have been asked to ask this what is it you do not like about the interface opening. Please do not shoot the messenger

We feel it is there to remind some users that you are protected though we mods have passed your concerns onto the powers that be.

johnross1983
Contributor
Message 20 of 127

Jump to solution

i didnt (dont) mind the interface opening it is just that it started recently, but we should have the option to turn this on or off, however reset the fast startup checkbox seems to have done the trick , so thank you!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community