Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Doesn't Sign Me Out

I came into this site to change my email address. I logged out, clicked "sign in" again, but was able to come right in without signing in.   I removed my history and tried it again, and did have to sign in.  Then signed out, clicked "sign in" and again, got right in.   So I thought if I tried to get into my settings or post this message, it would ask me to sign in.  But it didn't.

So the sign out isn't signing out.

6 Replies
Madhan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 2 of 7

Re: Doesn't Sign Me Out

Hello @steve7 

Please try clearing cache and cookies and then try again. When you login next time, don't let the browser to save credentials. 

Regards,
Madhan M 

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 7

Sign out working for me on win10. try above.....

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 7

The other day I removed my history, which is like removing cache and cookies.  So when I tried to get back in, I had to sign in.   But I just tried it now, twice, I clicked sign out, the screen refreshes, and I click sign in and I get right back in.   I shouldn't have to do anything to sign out, clicking sign out should sign you out. 

This is happening in Firefox and Chrome.  And on a laptop. 

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 7

Ah ok see what you mean Firefox and chrome must be remembering you were previously logged in on current session. If you close FF and reopen Mcafee page you should have to sign in with password.

Confirmed that works ok. Will try another forum works as you wanted logout is logout. Will ping the admin to comment.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I shouldn't have to.   Is there any other site that allows you to get right back in by clicking "sign in" after signing out? 

By the way, I got in here by clicking the link in the email I got from your response.  I did not have to sign in.

And McAfee is a computer security product. 

P.S.  After clicking "post" to post this, I did have to sign in.  But I still got in originally w/o signing in.

steve7
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 7

I signed in, signed out, x out of the tab, opened up a new window, pasted in this link, "sign in" was up top, but when I clicked it, I got right in.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community