cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

Does restoring an older version of Mcafee Internet Security version fix Google to stop crashing?

So my Chrome kept crashing after about 20 minutes of use. I could not re-open Chrome either, and there was always 1 chrome processor open in task manager that would not close, seemed as if it was some type of buy. So I had to restart my PC everytime.

So I spend all day speaking with Google forums, with them telling me check firewall, disable it, uninstall Chrome, install it again, stressing ALL day. It then crashed again after 2 hours of using Chrome, so what I had been doing all day clearly did not work.

I speak to McAfee live chat, and they tell me its the latest version of McAfee that causes Chrome to crash. So the McAfee technician restore my Mcafee Internet security. They say this should fix it, so IF it does (I really hope it does), why was I not informed via email? Why have I stressed and wasted my whole day trying to fix it? But I still have this

11 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Re: Does restoring an older version of Mcafee Internet Security version fix Google to stop crashing?

When you say (Restore) could you possibly mean (Re-install) your McAfee Internet Security? Could you kindly provide us the (Service Request Number) associated with the session you had today with Technical Support?

It is not unheard of for your installation to become corrupt requiring a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall.

There could be various reasons.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 12

Re: Does restoring an older version of Mcafee Internet Security version fix Google to stop crashing?

Moved from Service and Support to General Discussion >Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 12

Can you post your version of security centre either 14.0.r11 or 12 or 15.1. In task manager any clientanalytics.exe processes using heaps of memory.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

Colleague Peacekeeper makes a valid point in Post#3. There is an issue where the process Client Analytics can indeed cause Chrome to Hang/Crash due to a (Memory Leak) meaning it continues to run even after you are closed out of it, eating up memory/cpu's.

Kindly provide us with your Version/Build you are running, as that will help immensely.

Especially if Chrome starts acting up again, it could very well be caused by this issue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 12

Post your windows version as well please

mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

Well apparently the issue was due to the latest version of McAfee, causing Chrome to crash. Something to do with "Analytics SDK", so I spoke to McAfee and they removed this, whilst also doing a fresh reinstall of the McAfee Internet Security on my PC. Now they just said, check to see if any problems occur and they will speak to me tommorow, so fingers crossed!

What I am pissed off about was that I spent a WHOLE day worrying about it and trying to fix it. Why was I not sent an email to say of the issue if I had this for about a month!?

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 12

40 million emails a tad too many to be sent out. I will ask in our call Monday if any way possible though òI doubt if there will be any change.

mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

So sending me 5/6 reminder emails last year, to say that the old McAfee password saver was being moved to the new TrueKey.. was a hassle?...and this issue is not worthy of emails?? When it is something as significant as Google Chrome crashing, and the user has no idea what is causing the issue, worrying about "too many" emails being sent out should be the last thing on your companies mind, especially with its reputation.

Since signing up to this McAfee pc protection with truekey, I have had countless issues every year. Reviews of TrueKey are 2* at best, McAfee makes your pc slow people say, the want the old app, nothing works. Your reputation is not good with your customers and you do nothing to help improve it. I cannot change to another pc security due to all my passwords being saved on TrueKey and I wont remember all of them to transfer to somewhere else. All I see with you guys are issues, issues, issues. Sort them out please and compensate customers who have been with you for many years such as myself.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 12

Please refer to this thread, in regards to TrueKey

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community