cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cedar
Former Member
Message 1 of 51

Desk top icon reappears

It is Jan 17th and i just did a update and the icon reapieard. Whats the deal its supposed to be fixed today and this is way to long. I need some real answers thanks

50 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 51

Re: Desk top icon reappears

It is released today for US and UK but all releases are throttled so only 25% of people will receive them the first day and so on, this has to be done to stop server overload.

It's laid out here in Issue Update:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/home

cedar
Former Member
Message 3 of 51

its the 20th ans still no fix what he heck this is a joke. Is it fixed or not

cedar
Former Member
Message 4 of 51

I just saw it was complet in the US but if i do a update the icon reapears WTF

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 51

cedar wrote:

its the 20th ans still no fix what he heck this is a joke. Is it fixed or not

If you read issue updates in that link you will see throttling mentioned, that means it could take several days to reach all customers, that's to stop server overload and crashing.   The link also explains what you can do to hasten it.

cedar
Former Member
Message 6 of 51

It says in that link that it is complete in the US well im in the US and if i do a update or restart it comes back. Its not fixed whats the deal

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 51

Tier 2 deployment is complete for US and UK. New Security Center version is 11.0.654. The patch is set to go to 25% of customers, therefore it may take several days to reach everyone. For immediate solution to the issue, reinstall from the US Site or UK Site and log in through "My Account". Find your product and install. The install will remove your previous product and give you the latest version 11.0.654. If you are currently on version 10.x.xxxx you may not be entitled to go to 11.0.654 yet. 

25% is one quarter...meaning it could take 4 days at least to filter throught to everyone.   If you are desperate for it and have the time, reinstall from your online account as it says.  That should get the problem fixed sooner.

cedar
Former Member
Message 8 of 51

so does that mean for sure 100% it will be fixed by midnight tomorrow night and automaticly downloaded to my computer since that is four full days. Or exactly when will it be for sure fixed can you give a exact date that i wont have this issue again

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 51

Yes it should be.

Geode
Former Member
Message 10 of 51

1. Given 654:  So, no special instructions, no registry hacks...just delete the icon and it will be gone?

2. Did this also correct the start menu issue?  That is, letting the user have control over their start menu also (and NOT repopulating a McAfee group when it is moved or deleted)?

Geode

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community