Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KiTy
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Dark Web email breach details

@Kumar_suman 

Will you please send me the details of which account of mine was breached? I have received the same message as the other members in this post. Thanks, Kimberley

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 12 of 20

Team. This is a very cumbersome method to communicate. This appears to be a method by McAfee to censor and control the content. I see many emails from McAfee users in my personal email, but cannot respond directly to each of you because I do not have your email address. I will be pursuing legal action against McAfee and am hoping on getting enough participation to file action in a class action suit. Before this is deleted, please send me your email address at and you can guess what part is missing,  at email dot com.

McAfee continues to ignore my requests for a detailed explanation, including responding my me certified mail. (copy below)

Certified Mail-Return Receipt # 7018 2290 0000 7752 5782

Subject: NO RESPONSE FROM MCAFEE. YOU DID NOT CALL ME ON THREE OCCASIONS! LEGAL ACTION TO BE INITIATED SOON.

1-00899651 AND?

1-100927811

NOT A THREAT, A PROMISE. NEXT MOVE-LEGAL ACTION.

Dear Sir or Madame:

I was promised a call back to my land line, NOT MY CELL PHONE, on 3 occasions. The last person I talked with, told me I would get a call back on the number I gave him. (Land line, not cell phone) I DID NOT receive a call back. Three times-no call back. I require, DEMAND, a detailed explanation of the following message I have received on my email accounts from

When attempted to transfer me to the “Dark Web Department”, the call took me back to the initial recording to direct my call. I was NEVER transferred to the correct Dept. by the customer service person. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was told my request would be escalated to a higher level. No calls. NONE.

This is the message I received from the Dark Web Dept.

"This source has been marked as sensitive due to one of the following reasons: Revealing the source may compromise an on-going investigation. The affected site is of a controversial nature but does not validate email addresses and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation."

1.) What is the sensitive source? Who is conducting the "on-going" investigation? McAfee, or a third party? This is too vague. What does this mean?!!!!!

2.) What does this mean? “and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation" I DEMAND, (subject to legal action) a complete, detailed explanation. Prefer written response to my email account.  If not, send email with time period I should expect a call.

1. What does this mean? The affected site is of a “controversial nature”.

THIS IS MY LAST CONTACT!!! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND. ALSO INCLUDE DIRECT PHONE NUMBER OF YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT!!! YOU MAY LEAVE THE ANSWER IN MY VOICE MAIL AT 540-825-5853 OR MY EMAIL AT. I'VE RECORDED ALL PHONE CALL CONVERSATIONS WITH ALL OF YOUR INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICES PEOPLE.

Happy to litigate, to get answers.

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 13 of 20

No. Legal . McAfee has been deleting my responses. Let me know if anyone wants to join a class action suit against McAfee. 7038641610

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 14 of 20

McAfee has been deleting all my responses to the users. I need to contact you all by some other means. Cannot send email address. Hint, you can figure out what the first part of my email might be just look at my assigned name by McAfee. Think about the possible rest of my email address. there are not too many email address. Think of large companies like google to come up with the last part of my email address.

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 15 of 20

no

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 16 of 20

Absolutely NOT! McAfee has been THE worst company to deal with. Let me know if you want to join a class action suit. We have a right to know!!

I sent them a certified mail, return receipt and no answer back. NOTHING!

===========================================================

Subject: NO RESPONSE FROM MCAFEE. YOU DID NOT CALL ME ON THREE OCCASIONS! LEGAL ACTION TO BE INITIATED SOON.

1-00899651 AND?

1-100927811

I was promised a call back to my land line, NOT MY CELL PHONE, on 3 occasions. The last person I talked with, told me I would get a call back on the number I gave him. (Land line, not cell phone) I DID NOT receive a call back. Three times-no call back. I require, DEMAND, a detailed explanation of the following message I have received on my email accounts from the Dark Web on 12-1-2021. Same message from both emails;

When attempted to transfer me to the “Dark Web Department”, the call took me back to the initial recording to direct my call. I was NEVER transferred to the correct Dept. by the customer service person. NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

"This source has been marked as sensitive due to one of the following reasons: Revealing the source may compromise an on-going investigation. The affected site is of a controversial nature but does not validate email addresses and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation."

1.) What is the sensitive source? Who is conducting the "on-going" investigation? McAfee, or a third party? This is too vague. What does this mean?!!!!!

2.) What does this mean? “and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation" I DEMAND, (subject to legal action) a complete, detailed explanation. Prefer written response to my email account.  If not, send email with time period I should expect a call.

THIS IS MY LAST CONTACT!!! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND. ALSO INCLUDE DIRECT PHONE NUMBER OF YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT!!! YOU MAY LEAVE THE ANSWER IN MY VOICE MAIL AT 540-825-5853 OR MY EMAIL AT

I HAVE RECORDED ALL PHONE CALL CONVERSATIONS WITH ALL OF YOUR INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICES PEOPLE.

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 17 of 20

I was promised a call back to my land line, NOT MY CELL PHONE, on 3 occasions. The last person I talked with, told me I would get a call back on the number I gave him. (Land line, not cell phone) I DID NOT receive a call back. Three times-no call back. I require, DEMAND, a detailed explanation of the following message I have received on my email accounts from the Dark Web on 12-1-2021. Same message from both emails;

THIS IS MY LAST CONTACT!!! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND. ALSO INCLUDE DIRECT PHONE NUMBER OF YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT!!! YOU MAY LEAVE THE ANSWER IN MY VOICE MAIL AT 540-825-5853 OR MY EMAIL AT

I HAVE RECORDED ALL PHONE CALL CONVERSATIONS WITH ALL OF YOUR INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICES PEOPLE.

Martman53
Contributor
Message 18 of 20

Hi, I've also had this but have no idea what account it relates to so I can't change it. Can you DM me to discuss to please?

RickSanchez
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

I would also like to know what this means.  Please reach out to me.

overwhelmingnap
Contributor
Message 20 of 20

I received the same message and was hoping that someone could reach out as well.  Thanks in advance!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community