cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chazculva
Contributor II
Message 1 of 20

Dark Web email breach details

Still waiting on answer from McAfee on what exactly this might mean. It is supposed to be from the "Compiled  Breach List".  Anyone seen this before?

"This source has been marked as sensitive due to one of the following reasons: Revealing the source may compromise an on-going investigation. The affected site is of a controversial nature but does not validate email addresses and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation."

Thanks.

19 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 20

Re: Dark Web email breach details

Hi @chazculva 

Greetings from McAfee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have sent a private message to you, kindly revert with the required details to help you regarding the breach.

Regards,

Kumar

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 3 of 20

Re: Dark Web email breach details-Request 1-100927811

To all: I was promised a call back to my land line, NOT MY CELL PHONE, on 2 occasions. The last person I talked with, Mary, told me I would get a call back on the number I gave her. (land line, not cell phone) I DID NOT receive a call back. Twice-no call back. I require, DEMAND, a detailed explanation of the following message I have received on my main email account on 12-1-2021.

I was told my request would be escalated to a higher level. No calls. NONE.

"This source has been marked as sensitive due to one of the following reasons: Revealing the source may compromise an on-going investigation. The affected site is of a controversial nature but does not validate email addresses and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation."

1.) What is the sensitive source. Who is conducting the "on-going" investigation? McAfee, or a third party? This is too vague. What does this mean?!!!!!

2.) What does this mean? " and could therefore be used to tarnish an employee's reputation" I DEMAND, (subject to legal action) a complete, detailed explanation. Prefer written response to my email account.  If not, send email with time period I should expect a call.

THIS IS MY LAST CONTACT!!! YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO RESPOND. ALSO INCLUDE DIRECT PHONE NUMBER OF YOUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT!!!

chazculva
Contributor II
Message 4 of 20

Kumar_suman

Kumar. I am not able to respond to your private email. I enter your name, Kumar_suman, and am unable to send. Did you leave the company? If so, don't blame you. Such a pitiful company!!!

Scott_C711
Contributor
Message 5 of 20

I just received the same although it's from several months ago. Is there an explanation? Thanks.

Lee_8
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

Hello, I also received the same breach notification. Can you please provide me with some information as to what it means. Could it be a breach from former employer? Can you please tell me what type of investigation it is referring to. 

Thank you!

KiTy
Contributor
Message 7 of 20

I have received the same message. Please disclose the source of the breach so I can protect myself! Kimberley

KiTy
Contributor
Message 8 of 20

@chazculva ,

I have just gotten the same message. We're your ever able to successfully find out who breached your data so you could protect yourself??? Thanks, Kimberley 

KiTy
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

@Scott_C711 

Did you ever get a response? I just got this message.... Thanks, Kimberley

KiTy
Contributor
Message 10 of 20

@Lee_8 ,

Did you ever get a response? I just got the same message. I cannot make changes to the account that was breached if I do not know which account was breached! Thanks, Kimberley

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community