cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brn
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Critical conflict between McAfee Total Protection process MFEVTPS.EXE and Quickbooks 2017

Jump to solution

Why in the world would you stick with McAfee after something like this, I'm pretty certain this is the only thing McAfee is good for. Switch to Trend Micro or something similar.

pjhunter
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Re: Critical conflict between McAfee Total Protection process MFEVTPS.EXE and Quickbooks 2017

Jump to solution

Update.  I got a call from McAfee support yesterday (a day after my previous post) saying they had an update.  The tech connected to my computer, made sure the update was installed, and stayed on line until I had opened QB and verified that it was running properly.

I got the feeling that McAfee was calling all the clients who had experienced this problem to ensure that it was fixed.  I think that was pretty good customer support.  They could have just sent an email.

Its always easy to bash a big company, but I think it's equally important to acknowledge when they get it right.

Thanks.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 18

Jump to solution

Hello @pjhunter

Glad to know that the issue you faced is resolved now and thank you for the acknowledgement. Yes, it is true that we are establishing contact with all the customers who have reached support and reported this issue to ensure the version with the fix is installed and the issue is resolved.

The VirusScan version in which the issue is fixed is 21.4.145, which can be identified from About.

Regards
Farhan

cluers
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Jump to solution

Doesn't look fixed to me.  Reinstalled and updated to latest antivirus plus (build 22.0.123, updated 9/14) and still had the issue with mfetvps.exe taking up all CPU when opening Quickbooks...

cluers
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

Jump to solution

Doesn't look fixed to me.  Reinstalled and updated to latest antivirus plus (build 22.0.123, updated 9/14) and still had the issue with mfetvps.exe taking up all CPU when opening Quickbooks...

Tags (1)
chillybrit
Contributor
Message 16 of 18

Jump to solution

Just released the hold on automatic updates and let Total Protection upgrade from R13 back to R14

Confirmed  the AV version is now correct

QB 2017 Pro Desktop now launches without the high CPU Problem.

GaneshR
Message 17 of 18

Jump to solution

Hi @chillybrit

Glad to know that the issue you faced is resolved now and thank you for the acknowledgement..

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

sanjay
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 18

Jump to solution

Locking this thread as the fix is included in McAfee security version 16.0 where the VirusScan version is 21.4.145

Follow steps outlined below to obtain the referenced build

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

Cheers

Sanjay S

If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, please mark it as the accepted solution and give Kudos if appropriate.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community