cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Veeber
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Constant scanning.

I have internet securtiy 2010, which works fine but I have this file (Texmod.exe) which is only 584kb. When I open the folder the file is located in, Mcshield.exe and mcods.exe (McAfee) start going nuts and the memory usage for each of them are 100,000 K+ each sometime nearly reaching 200,000 K effectively freezing the computer. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit, I have used this file before I had McAfee and it worked fine.

Is there a way that I can stop it from scanning that safe file? Don't suggest disabling McAfee for a while cause I still see it actively running, the only option I see is uninstaling it.

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Constant scanning.

Not at the moment we have been trying to get Mcafee to add in file exclusions for years and recently pushed this addition to 1 of the beta managers to see if we can get it added in a patch.  Mcafee and zip files suck bad when it trys to scan them. What size is it?

I would move it off the PC to an usb stick maybe till we get an exclusion added. Of course you are sure there is no issue with the file?

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/02/10 7:54:44 PM
Veeber
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Constant scanning.

Yes I am sure, I have had the file when I had BitDefender, AVG and System Mechanic and had no problems. When I downloaded the zip, McAfee didn't do anything, but as soon as I unzipped 579KB it took a minute or two to extract the file.

I made a .bat file with

TASKKILL /F /IM Mcshield.exe
TASKKILL /F /IM mcods.exe

As soon as I ran it the computer was fine, folder opened fine, the file ran straight away there was no problems whatsoever.

Message was edited by: Veeber on 2/1/10 5:51:02 AM CST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community