cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyviolet22
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

Computer not protected, cannot get on internet or access any Windows services

I restarted my laptop this morning and immediately afterward I received a message from McAfee Security Center saying that my computer is not protected. I opened McAfee to see what the problem was and it said "Personal Information Protection shut down unexpectedly and is now disabled" and "Parental controls shut down unexpectedly and is now disabled." I clicked on the 'Fix' button but got an error message- "One or more problems cannot be fixed because of an error." Then I tried to get on the internet but got a message saying "Firefox cannot find the server." I performed a scan and nothing harmful was detected. My network connection status is 'unknown' and when I hover over the network icon it says "The dependency service or group failed to start." When I click 'Connect to a network" it tells me that Windows cannot find any networks. Network Diagnostics says "Windows Wireless Service is not running" but when I try to start it I get a message saying that Windows cannot resolve the problem. Please help!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community