cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lotty
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Compatiblity High CPU with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard

New behavior. Started within the past 1-2 months but unworkable after last microsoft update.

W10 x4 all updates. i7 with 16GB ram, Microsoft wireless desktip 3050. 

Noticed mcafee process topping the CPU process .. uninstalled Mcafee and reverted to the native MS virus / threat protection..  ALL issues disapear.... clearly isolated to McAfee

Prior to that i had endured months of keyboard and mouse lag .. intermittmetn but to degree always present. Problem recently worsened following round of MS updates. 

I am remembering previous periods of imcompatiblities introduced with new microsoft OS updates and McAfee bugs / issues. 

Any suggested workarounds that would allow me to reinstall McAfee and avoid the keyboard and mouse lag issue would be apprecated and to make engineering / development aware..

Is there some exclusion so McAfee does not grab the microsoft keyboard and mouse.

3 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: Compatiblity High CPU with Microsoft Wireless Keyboard

Hello 

Please let me know the McAfee process that was consuming high CPU. Was it McAfee Management Host or was it another process? We have users reporting an issue with McAfee Management Host service consuming high CPU and we are working towards a fix. The issue is not specific to MS Wireless Keyboard per se.

Regards
Farhan

lotty
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

i know for sure the process was a McAfee .. and was jumping to top of the process list in conjunction with the mouse latency .. it was pretty clear watching this .. that the McAfee process was responsible or involved directly when the intermittment latecy was in play..

Unfortunatel i cannot easily confirm this again .. since i completly uninstalled the product. That was only way i could use my PC. 

If i get some free time i will reinstall and try to send a screen shot of the process veiwer which shows the McAfee process and the CPU of that item ..

There must be something going on where McAfee process is grabbing the wireless transciever and scanningit .. this elevates the CPU and also delays the feed .. i would think there would be an exclude for this .. the transciever is USB plugged into front USB ports on my dell optiplex.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for the quick response. I will wait until you get a chance to install McAfee and test if the issue happens again and also wait for the screenshot.

Regards
Farhan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community