Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobs_picks
Contributor II
Message 1 of 5

Checking for application updates at 0%

Jump to solution

I've noticed recently that "Checking for application updates" seems to be constantly running and never changes from 0% complete.

I don't think the scheduled Vulnerabilty Scan has run for several weeks now.  That is to say I haven't noticed the customary high Disk usage every second Friday when it does run.

During the past years I've never been notified that an update has been found.  (Updates are not set to be automatically installed.)

I'm running SecurityCenter 16.0 R18 last updated May 2019.

I'm running Windows 10.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bobs_picks
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Re: Checking for application updates at 0%

Jump to solution

Reinstalled McAfee.  It's running Version 16.0 R43 with Component updates dated today.  I successfully ran a Vulnerability scan with, as usual, no updates.

The functionality of this version is different from the previous one so it will take a bit of time to become familiar with it.

I monitor this version for the next couple of weeks to see it through scheduled scans.

Thanks for you help.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Kumar_suman
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi @bobs_picks ,

Greetings from Mcafee.

The McAfee Version you are running on your computer is very old. We request you to follow the below steps to update your PC and security.

• Install windows update. make sure your windows is up-to-date.
  • Uninstall McAfee using MCPR
  • reboot the PC
  • Reinstall Mcafee

For further assistance, reach out to our consumer support by accessing the below link/

McAfee Consumer support

Regards,

Kumar

bobs_picks
Contributor II
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

My copy of McAfee was supplied by my Internet Provider.  Does this affect the uninstall/reinstall process?

Windows Updates is always installed and was last updated on May 11, 2022.

bobs_picks
Contributor II
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Reinstalled McAfee.  It's running Version 16.0 R43 with Component updates dated today.  I successfully ran a Vulnerability scan with, as usual, no updates.

The functionality of this version is different from the previous one so it will take a bit of time to become familiar with it.

I monitor this version for the next couple of weeks to see it through scheduled scans.

Thanks for you help.

Minnesota65
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution
  • The New Device/Location Verification code is sent to the verified email address tied to your Twitch account. If you don't remember which Twitch account is tied ...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community