Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dubby
Former Member
Message 1 of 13

Cannot open McAfee Security Suite

Jump to solution

The subscription is verified. The updates will download but when it tried to install them an update error appears: An error occurred while updating. Please reinstall these programs: McAfee Interent Security Suite. The window will open but it is a blank page. When trying to uninstall the McAfee Security Center  the window opens but it is a blank page.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Re: Cannot open McAfee Security Suite

Jump to solution

Hi,

I believe there might be some problem with the Operating System files. (Windows files might be corrupted or damaged)

I think the restore that you tired of you own was not successful for some reason. So, kindly update us about the status once after contacting the Acer Support.

We appreciate your patience and co-operation.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) this is an automated self-healing tool that can diagnose and fix many problems related to your McAfee product. You can download and run McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT) from mvt.mcafee.com and kindly update us with the MVT Session ID:

Meanwhile please confirm the below details:-

Operating System: (Windows XP/ Vista / Windows 7)

Browser Version: (IE 7 / IE 8 / IE 9 / Firefox / Google Chrome)

How long you are using McAfee on the PC:

How long you are having this issue:

dubby
Former Member
Message 3 of 13

Jump to solution

The MVT window will come up but with a blank screen. Operating System: Vista   Browser Version:IE7   McAfee on computer approx. 2 years   This is on a laptop that I had stopped using. Over aproximately the last 6 months I have tried vaiuos times to log in to read email and it freezes.

jaymfe
Former Member
Message 4 of 13

Jump to solution

It will be good if you upgrade Internet Explorer to version 8. Click on below link to download and install Internet Explorer 8.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=79154fb4-c610-4a1e-811d-dfe0f1dd84d1

Do not forget to restart the computer afer installing Internet Explorer8.

Make sure that Windows is up to date. Best of luck 

vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Jump to solution

When replying (after upgrade to IE-8)please let us know the make of the computer.. (dell . HP, acer etc...)

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 6 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi,

A blank window is due to the script engine that is not functioning properly.

Step 1 - Reinstall Windows JScript

Step 2: For Vista OS, Re-register JScript.dll and VBScript.dll:

• Click Start and select Search.
  • In the Search box, type CMD and click OK.
  • In the Search results window, right-click CMD and select Run as Administrator.
  • In the command prompt, type REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
  • After the confirmation message is displayed, type REGSVR32 VBSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
  • Close the command prompt.

Step 3: Update us on the status if you are still facing any trouble.

on 3/30/11 7:02:10 PM CDT

on 3/30/11 7:02:44 PM CDT
dubby
Former Member
Message 7 of 13

Jump to solution

I appreciate all of the responses. I tried to run a restore prior to these responses and now the laptop won't restart. It's got stuck trying. I turned it off and it wanted to try  do a repair but couldn't. It tries and gets stuck trying forever. I tried to a regular start, same thing.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 8 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi,

Try to boot the computer in last known good configuration by following the below steps:

Restart the computer and keep tapping the F8 key on the top row of your key board until you the see the windows advanced boot menu as shown:

safe boot.JPG

Then select the option last known good configuration and check whether you are able to boot the computer.

Else try with safe mode with networking

dubby
Former Member
Message 9 of 13

Jump to solution

I tried both and I still get the Windows recovery screen. The first message is: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. The options are: Launch Startup Repair or Startup Normally. Using either it gets stuck trying....The laptop is an Acer Aspire 5515. Thank you again for the help.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

Jump to solution

Hi,

I believe there might be some problem with the Operating System files. (Windows files might be corrupted or damaged)

I think the restore that you tired of you own was not successful for some reason. So, kindly update us about the status once after contacting the Acer Support.

We appreciate your patience and co-operation.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community