cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epicmatt47
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

Can't get my anti-virus to install.

I am trying to install McAfee anti-virus. It all works fine but as it installs on stage 3 when it finishes it suddenly jumps to stage 5 and in a second comes up with a error message. The attached screenshot below will show the stages. I would really appreciate the help as i got this laptop new for Christmas and don't want any viruses. After stage 3 ends it cuts the next picture and to the error message in about a second I have tried installing this many times across the past few weeks and it still isn't working thank you for any help.

stage 3 failure.PNGjump.PNGFail message.PNG

11 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Re: Can't get my anti-virus to install.

Please read the following (FAQ) ; Installation Incomplete

Hope this helps...

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 12

Moved from Virus and Spyware Protection to General Discussion > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tao
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

You can try one of the following - the first one will assist in troubleshooting - the second will assist in completely removing (just in case there was a corrupt install):

Troubleshoot and repair your software using McAfee Virtual Technician

McAfee Virtual Technician

McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool (MCPR) to completely remove McAfee Security Suite installations and data on supported Windows operating systems.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101331

If this information was helpful or has answered your question, please select Accept as Solution. This will assist other memebers
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

@tao,

Thank you for your input, however all the info and ( more) are with-in that (FAQ) I inserted. If the OP follows the instructions/Guidelines laid out.. It should resolve his/her issues.  Installation Incomplete

Regards,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 6 of 12

I've been having the same issue, where my install freezes at 80%. This may have something to do with the 2017 release, which you may have got if you downloaded the file directly from McAfee. I have been dealing with the issue for several weeks now and supposedly it is going to be discussed at an upcoming call. I've even tried a clean install of Windows and it still freezes during installation.

Peacekeeper
Message 7 of 12

Yes we are discussing this 80% issue with the techs on Monday afternoon.

The incomplete error one should follow the faq posted above.

As an extra fix try installing from a new admin account sometimes the profiles get corrupted.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 12

Support will be visiting soon to ask for further info. If noone cames in a day or so post back and I will reask.

This only wrt the 80% issue.

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 9 of 12

It might be better to go over it on the phone with support... if they want to do that just have them send me a PM.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 12

The tech who will be contacting either or you will be a tier 2.5 better to wait for him to post here as calling support will not get him. He will post here and PM you when you follow him. The idea is to use an older installer to install the program as the new 1 appears to have issues for some.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community