cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
emtjoe
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Can Anyone Give Me a Reason To Renew?

It's coming up on that time again.  Time to renew or replace my internet security suite.  For the past few years I have been a loyal McAfee customer.  RIght now I have 3 User Total Protection installed and that is scheduled to expire next month.  Given the persistent and long-running "Your computer is not protected" problem, I am struggling with a reason to once again purchase a McAfee product or try something new.  It seems to me that McAfee should have been able to fix this problem by now.  Is there any light at the end of this long, long tunnel.  To be honest, the only reason I haven't gone to another ISS already is the volunteers on here like Ex_Brit, Peacekeeper, etc.

3 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can Anyone Give Me a Reason To Renew?

Very tough call.I feel your pain.I have been with mcafee a few years also.I recentley lost a computer with mcafee installed.But i certainly can`t say it was their fault, as i installed mcafee at the end of my win xp`s lifespan,lol.I still have an active subcription that i paid for on my last computer.But when i was able to purchase my next 1 mcafee came with it so i said o.k.I have also been having problems with my new version right now.I am just hopeing that Mcafee gets a handle on their product so all the faithfull will again feel safe useing a computer.I not sure it`s a hard decision but i am staying on myself.For now.lolLets hope the new year brings new things(all good of coarse)

SeanMc98
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

emtjoe wrote:

Given the persistent and long-running "Your computer is not protected" 
problem, I am struggling with a reason to once again purchase a McAfee
product or try something new.

Timing could not have been better !   Sorry for the dark humor .....

In your case (and most likely others), McAfee would be well-served to "extend" your expiration by, say, 30 - 90 days.  Such an action would give a renewed sense of customer interest, a warm feeling that the problem(s) will be resolved and save many folks from going out and replacing the existing software or suites.

That being said ........

The "Pro's" for extending would be continuity, a known learning curve and saving a lot of uninstall/ new install times.  The "Con's" (against extending) would be your personal level of animus as well as desire for "something new".

FWIW:  I have three PC's running McAfee, one with Norton (my son's PC, given to me, and it came with Norton), and one old (like 9-years) PC with a fresh copy of free AVG.  The AVG stuff is to have an installed copy mirroring a couple of sites I consult for, non-profits who are conservative in expenditures.  Two (2) of my McAfee PC's originally came with another suite installed.  I removed the installed suite, and installed McAfee.  Such was a good learning experience, however, much patience and perseverance was needed )

emtjoe
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for your replies.  I think what I'm going to do is to continue monitoring these message boards until my renewal date comes up early in February.  If no definitive answer to the "Your Computer is Not Protected" issue has been posted by then, I'll switch over to AVG free.  I'll keep watch on these boards after that and if a solution is found, switch back to McAfee.  Like I said in my previous post, the volunteers who help people out here are great but having my computer unprotected, even for a short time, is not an option.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community