Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 241 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

I would  leave as is. Could you provide us a Screenshot of your McAfee Security Center?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 242 of 255

That sounds like you have 15,1 at least can you check as Cd asked

jaylee
Contributor
Message 243 of 255

Should i try downloading from mcafee site and re-installing to get v15 or should i just wait for the update.  I dont know if i download it if it will even install 15.1 or not.  Should i just wait for the updatej through the actual program?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 244 of 255

There is a good chance that you would probably get the 14.0.R13 Version/Build, don't quote me on that. However the 15.0 xxx is slated to be released starting this coming week>end of month. Bar any issues that may arise.

In other words it would be similar to a 'Crapshoot', if you will. I personally am waiting for it to Auto-Upgrade to 15.0.R2/15.1.R2. As I have 15.R0/15.1.156 already from when it was initially released. 15.0R2/15.1R2 is even a newer Version.

Of course I download from the U.S./Canadian Server.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 245 of 255

As you requested, here is the screen shot of McAfee Security Centre.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 246 of 255

Thank you. You will still be upgraded again, as I thought that was the Version/Build you had.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 247 of 255

Just to let you know that I have had various updates from McAfee in the last few weeks with no ill effects. However I have kept Client Analytical Services "Disabled" as it appears to have no effect whatsoever on the running of my PC.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 248 of 255

I would tend to think it would be best to have it *enabled* since the issue has been resolved. For it does involve the software doing a health -check of your product. Just my opinion on that. Of course I can ask.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 249 of 255

I'd be grateful if you would ask. Thanks.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 250 of 255

Oh as I said in my opinion running your software with McClient Analytics enabled would be better, since it will be performing the task it was created to do. Granted you do not have the numerous instances and memory leaks with it *Disabled*.

You would not either by enabling it again.

In other words enable it/restart and leave it be.

You should be just fine.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community