Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 211 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

To check if you received the Emergency patch verify the Firewall build to see 16.0.3028

ERpatch.jpg.png

jss
Contributor
Message 212 of 255

Doesn't Total Protection Build 15.3.3079 also contain the Emergency patch?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 213 of 255

It is my understanding yes. You can simply check your Legacy Folder for the latest version 2.1.173.0

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 214 of 255

Also another way is to check for this firewall version

ERpatch.jpg.png

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 215 of 255

- I bit the bullet tonight and allowed McAfee updates to be installed on my PC. ClientAnalyticalServices remains disabled before I reboot. How do I verify the Firewall build number? Looking under Programs all I can see is McAfee Internet Security and the date is 15 Feb 17 and the version number is 14.0.3061. Does this contain the "fix"?

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 216 of 255

ClientAnalyticalServices remains disabled after I rebooted the PC, so the updates have not re-enabled it automatically.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 217 of 255

Have you checked to see if the Firewall Version is 16.0 Build 16.0.3028 ? Also is the Start-up set to *Manual*?

In addition the Version should be 2.1.173.0.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 218 of 255

I can find Windows Firewall and get a lot of info about it but not the version number. There is a message saying "These settings are being managed by vendor application McAfee Personal Firewall". Do I need to look somewhere else? There does not appear to be a program called McAfee Personal Firewall on my system or if there is, it's well hidden somewhere!

Peacekeeper
Message 219 of 255

Open the shield in the task bar go to about and firewall and the version should be there

This for old interface if you have the new blue 1 go to account and about

Mine is a different version as I am running 15.1 beta

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 220 of 255

Actually the screenshot to show you was just up above in Post # 213, I should have inserted that. Selvan had inserted it in Post# 210.

To view simply open your McAfee UI/About/Scroll down to Firewall.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community