Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imagika
Former Member
Message 201 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

Well i woke up this morning with about 1000 of these messages

The description for Event ID 0 from source ClientAnalyticsService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service stopped

Hope this isnt something wrong but i disabled it again ... this was listed under information not error. So maybe its just something normal but i wanted to know

imagika
Former Member
Message 202 of 255

Will they be rolling it out through the update built into R 14 or do i have to go to website and re-install?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 203 of 255

It will be in a daily Update.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
imagika
Former Member
Message 204 of 255

Is this ok though? It's under information not error's or critical errors so im assuming its normal to have these pop up?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The description for Event ID 0 from source ClientAnalyticsService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service stopped

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it happens when it start's and stop's.  It just under information in the event viewier no errors so i hope there's no impact to the system

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 205 of 255

My personal opinion is that as long as your system is functioning normally, and you are not experiencing any of the issues you had prior to the *Fix*. Ignore the event viewer, as it will drive you *Batty*. Especially if it is not throwing up errors.

However I might add,that if you have not received the Fix, and have disabled the process. By it showing 'Stopped'. Then one would expect that.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 206 of 255

We will however ask as well in our Monday call if we get told anything we will let you know. can you check the version of the files you have if 173 you have the fix.

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics the files are there

imagika
Former Member
Message 207 of 255

I have a file c:\program files\common files\mcafee\clientanalytics\legacy\mcclientanalytics.exe it is version number 2.1.173.0

i think that's the new one???

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 208 of 255

Then you should indeed have the fix.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
bonzo47
Former Member
Message 209 of 255

- will you be asking at your next call with McAfee (next Monday?) if the distribution of the "fix" has been completed? I only ask because I have not yet accepted any McAfee updates.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 210 of 255

The emergency release is still being throttled out at the minimum of 50K per day. As there has been alot of users already received it, I would allow updates to occur just in case it has reached you. Of course that is your perogative opposed to waiting.

Another way of checking to see if you have received it is;

To check if you received the Emergency patch verify the Firewall build to see 16.0.3028

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community