cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imagika
Former Member
Message 171 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

Is this update a new revision number?  I was just wondering so i know when i actually get it.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 172 of 255

In my case, the versions all stayed the same.

Mcafee

Version 14.0 Rel. 14.0 R12

Security Center

Version 15.3 Build 15.3.3061

EDIT: After a computer restart, the AnalyticsSDK was running, but only for a few minutes. It appears it is being shut down by McAfee after running for a short time.

henk-jan
Former Member
Message 173 of 255

Hello,

bought a new laptop few weeks ago and thought it would be good to install a fresh new virus protector. Completely blocks my computer. CPU usage around 30% by AnalyticsSDK; No internet possible anymore and even blocks using Word. How can I get rid of my McAfee Internet Security. It doesn't want to open up and do anything. Cant reach internet to de-install. Also removal doesn't work.

regards from a very unhappy McAfee user.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 174 of 255

Well, overnight ClientAnalytics was started, and whatever happens to the service happened. No internet this morning, and McAfee would not open. I could not force close the service, and it was using only 1.1 meg of memory and little to no CPU. Whatever happens seems to hang the ClientAnalytics service.

I had to restart the computer to be able to get McAfee to open. I use the computer for work, so I have had to uninstall for now.

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 175 of 255

You do not need to uninstall. Please follow the instructions in post 143. Works better if you reboot first. Then follow the instructions.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 176 of 255

Believe me, I am quite aware of that workaround. It seemed though that I had received an update which was turning off ClientAnalytics on it's own. It would run for a minute or two at startup, then close. It was working great.

Overnight the service started but locked up, freezing my browsers and McAfee UI. That's all I was saying.

I uninstalled as I am going to wait until the new LAM version is released, or until a sure fix is issued.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 177 of 255

- very wise I think. As for me, I am refusing all upgrades from McAfee until the mods on here tell me that the "fix" has been sent out. This is just in case what you have described happens to me. My PC has been working as normal since I disabled the Services and although I'm aware that I may be vulnerable to new viruses by not installing McAfee updates, I'd rather take that risk than have an unusable PC like I had 3 weeks ago. My laptop with  Windows XP is still running fine without the recent McAfee updates!

user_183665
Contributor
Message 178 of 255

I just this minute received a Mcafee Antivirus Plus update that included new versions of McClientAnalytics.exe, McClientAnalytics.dll, and ModuleAnalyticsProxy.dll. The new files have version number 2.1.173.0 (vs. the problematic version 2.1.167.0). Also, the ClientAnalyticsService changed its startup type back to Manual and the process AnalyticsSDK process is occasionally running, but also stops on its own (and does not appear to get stuck stopping).

So this is likely the emergency update. I'll leave the service enabled and we shall see if this update finally fixes this insidious bug.

jss
Contributor
Message 179 of 255

I have McAfee automatic updates turned on but have not received version 2.1.173.0 yet (I still have version 2.1.167.0).  Frankprindle, did you have to do anything special or different to receive it?

user_183665
Contributor
Message 180 of 255

Nothing special, I just did "Check for updates".

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community