Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 131 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

I will shoot ​ an email and inform him to contact you. Even though he is subscribed to the thread,sometimes emailing him will get his attention.Thank you for your input, and cooperation.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jss
Contributor
Message 132 of 255

I am another victim of the ClientAnalyticsService service.  It seems to get caught in a tight spin using up about 30% of cpu usage and messing with various programs, especially windows explorer.  I have disabled the service as recommended and that has temporarily solved the problem.  I will be waiting for the fix along with the others.

bmkong
Former Member
Message 133 of 255

Another victim, disabling process fixed issue.  This is ridiculous .

Peacekeeper
Message 134 of 255

They are working as fast as they can. We do not want them to push a fix that causes more issues so this takes time.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 135 of 255

Well, just to clarify, that is not what a level 2 tech support gentleman from MCAfee told me.  Actually, I had tried every menu item in Total Protection, and the only item not functioning after disabling Client Analytics from Services was the Traffic Monitor.  I then asked the level 2 tech with whom I had a seduced phone conference if I was correct that the traffic monitor was the only item affected by disabling Client Analytics, and he confirmed it was so, adding "that's right, and it will not affect security in any way."  Specifically, open Total Protection, click "Security Report" in lower right of home screen, scroll down in Overview and then click "Traffic Monitor" at the bottom.  With Client Analytics disabled, the traffic monitor should NOT display the graphs that should otherwise be displayed.  Those graphs had come up before disabling Client Analytics.

However, I just noticed that traffic monitor still works if accessed from Navigation | Traffic Monitor (at the bottom of the Navigation screen).  So, that might cast new light on the theory as to what Client Analytics really affects.  Anyone have more info on what, specifically, Client Analytics is supposed to do?

mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 136 of 255

I think that with everyone who faces this issue, they come onto this thread. And as the 'temporary' solution of disabling AnayticsSDK is not clearly visible, and not not instructed on the first page, could you as an an admin/volunteer 'pin' the temporary solutuion to the front page? I found how to disable it, but I had to go through many pages trying to find the answer.

I found the answer somwhere in this thread as

"Go to Control Panel, then System and Security, then Administrative Tools.

Find “Services” and double left click.

Scroll down to ClientAnalyticalServices and right click.

Click on Properties.

Change Start up to Disabled (it should be on either manual or automatic currently. I think mine was manual)"

user_93663
Former Member
Message 137 of 255

Why do people think that Windows 10 is the only system affected by this Client Analytics issue?  I had multiple app crashes every day until I disabled Client Analytics as a service.  I am running Win 7/SP1/64 bit/Ultimate, PC with 32 GB of RAM, 4 GB graphics momory, 4.3Ghz Intel 6 core processor (i7-4960X CPU factory overclocked).

This has been going on since January.  Now, even MVT is telling me there is one needed fix, which it says it applied, but it also gives a note about a pending update to Total Protection v.19, and says that real time scanning is off.  But this second warning about real time scanning being off is clearly wrong.  So, we now have a new false warning in MVT.

mumfordanddrago
Former Member
Message 138 of 255

szamel, I was told either by McAfee techteam over the phone, or I read it somewhere, that the AnalyticsSDK just reads the performance of softwares, and to see how softwares run with your CPU, or how they affect it. They do not spy on you, or it does not affect your PC protection in anyway. If anything, think of the AnalyticsSDK as a health instructor, in a big team helping you/your pc. This health instructor has to go away (disabling it), so they wont be able to see how your heart rate is doing. Its not going to kill you/yourpc they they are not there, you will be fine without him/it for a while. They will come back healthier and stronger to help you (Probably the worst analogy, but I thought I would give it a go! haha )

user_93663
Former Member
Message 139 of 255

Thank you for your input. I think, depending on whom you speak with, the tech support people have a different understanding of what the Client Analytics Service actually does.  I never thought, nor believed, that it spies on us.

Peacekeeper
Message 140 of 255

Client analytics reports on the program's health nothing else. This from level 3 managers. and I posted this before in both threads I think. It does not sticky beak at anything else.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community