cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sortitout
Contributor
Message 91 of 255

Re: CPU usage issue related to Analytics SDK

Just a thought. Does anyone know of any non-McAfee users encountering this issue?

Peacekeeper
Message 92 of 255

I would say there would be none Mcafee acknowledged here it is their issue. Will update tomorrow after our call.

lfland
Contributor
Message 93 of 255

I am on Windows 10 and have had the same problem since February 8 on both my PCs, my husband did not upgrade to Windows 10, and was able to browse normally. My PC's came to a standstill.

The client analytics 'process' was consuming 27% of CPU and could not be disabled. I did not know to check the service and disable it instead. Ran the Microsoft malware tool removal on both PC's last night, it found 6 infected files cleaned them up, and both my PC's work fine this morning. The Client analytic service is also running in the background, however reading your threads, I dsabled it as a precaution. Thanks for all your tips, i found them very useful.

holliels
Former Member
Message 94 of 255

Im still in the same predicament - cant stop clientanalytics, its disabled but starting up on windows 10 every time i reboot with no option to stop.

I dont believe any adverse data is being collected, certainly they havent collected anything since it started because i cant access anything at all due to CPU consumption.  Nonetheless, i am significantly disappointed in this.  Ive been unable to use my laptop for days, initially i thought i was having internet problems.

I really need this sorted is there any further advice? As per my previous posts there is no option to stop the service.  I am losing revenue due to this and do not have the time to debate with mcafee whether this is a  mcafee or windows issue.

Incidentally, my friend with the same laptop, same windows os but who uses Norton does not have this issue! Could Mcafee please assist urgently - if not expect a significant bill for lost earnings, this is beyond unacceptable.

holliels
Former Member
Message 95 of 255

Ive just managed to stop the service! Restarted laptop in safe mode and accessed services to disable it (again!)...first 2 tries didnt work but third times a charm  - when i restarted the laptop in normal mode the clientanylitics culprit was finally dormant on my task manager and laptop seems to be running ok.

Thanks so much to everyone who contributed to the thread especially the volunteer moderators, really appreciate the help.

Off to placate a few customers now i can complete their orders! Thanks again

tonylubrano
Former Member
Message 96 of 255

I've tried to disable this service and reboot multiple times... more than 3.  Every time my PC starts, this service gets started early and effectively takes over 50% of the processor and climbs.  This effectively makes my PC useless.  Can't start my email (Outlook).  This just started happening when I installed the Intel firmware upgrade. 

My configuration is:

Surface Pro 3

Windows 10 Pro

Version 1607

OS Build 14393.693

Intel Core i7-4650 @ 1.7GHz 2.3GHz

Ram 8GB

64bit OS

I really need to be able to disable this service as quickly as possible.  If you need/want something else, please let me know.

Thanx in advance,

Tony Lubrano

Peacekeeper
Message 97 of 255

Try booting into safe mode and dusable service there

user_30293
Former Member
Message 98 of 255

​ How did you determine that you have ClientAnalyticsService. on your Windows 7 PC?  I'm having daily issues with my Windows 7 PC which appear to be McAfee Antivirus Plus related, but I can't find ClientAnalyticsService.  I thought this was plaguing only Windows 10 PC's.

Thanks for your help.

roseg_89
Contributor
Message 99 of 255

Since my PC was very slow, I opened the task manager to see which process was causing the slowdown. The process "McClientAnalytics" was using over 90% of the CPU. This process is tied to the service "ClientAnalyticsService" which you can find under the service tab of the task manager.

user_30293
Former Member
Message 100 of 255

Damn, I do have it!  It is running, but currently not consuming much, if any CPU.  I'll keep an eye on it, and thanks for your reply.

Correction - I do have the "ClientAnalyticsService" running, but not the "McClientAnalytics" process consuming any CPU at this point.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community