cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joyfulgirl
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Bug Report-Since the latest version installed-the desktop shortcut is multiplying!

It won't die it multiplies...

Version 11.0

Build 11.0.649

Installed on  20 Dec 11 and updated 21 Dec 11.

When the new version installed it created a desktop icon, which I promptly moved to a folder I use to store unwanted desktop icons.  It reappeared later that day - deleted it again, it reappeared.  Last night before shutting down I deleted the desktop icon again.  Now there are THREE McAfee shortcuts on my desktop since I started working at 9:30 this morning.  Ack and bleh.

What the heck?!?  I didn't have this problem with the previous version of McAfee, and I'd rather not go twiddling with *my* registry if it's a * McAfee* build bug, know what I mean?

Any information anyone is willing to provide will be greatly appreciated!

5 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: Bug Report-Since the latest version installed-the desktop shortcut is multiplying!

McAfee is aware of this issue and has been working on it to get resolved. I do not know of a timeframe for a fix as of yet.

joyfulgirl
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Re: Bug Report-Since the latest version installed-the desktop shortcut is multiplying!

Thank you!  Should I keep an eye here for status?

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

This thread explains what the problem is https://community.mcafee.com/message/219977#219977 and mentions the the fix is being worked on. When the fix is eventually released this is the thread that will notify the customers. Now that the holidays are upon us that may slow the timing for the fix.

Sorry to take so long to get back to you.

Happy Holidays to you and your family

joyfulgirl
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thank you and best wishes to you as well! 

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

joyfulgirl

The fix for the desktop icon issue is currently being tested and retested. If everything goes ok with it, they will release the fix within the next week or so.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community