cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndraB
Former Member
Message 21 of 121

Re: Blue Screen Installation Error ***mfehidk01.sys***

i too have this problem...but have an Acer Aspire...i have not the experience to fix this...i am up a creek in a boat with out paddles...yikes....this happened a week ago...     i tryed to download the extra comp on 09's script. but i wouldnt work...so bought total proctection 2010, i ran it and  totally crashed...called acer they got her to come bac to life...and very promptly i must admit....then i chatted online to macfee , they connected to my comp and  crashed again with a download i think...(they asked for my phone# early in conversation) ..i never got a responce from mcafee...no call back...this is very discouraging... i too wonder if i will see a return on my purchase...i need protection today...like now people.. so please help me mcafee

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 22 of 121

Thanks Peacekeeper

This sounds like good news.  Lets hope the update fixes this problem also.

David

Peacekeeper
Message 23 of 121

The beta is available for beta testers so if any of you want you can join the beta testing and see if it works www.beta.mcafee.com though I do not know of what fixes are included .

If you do ensure you remove the old version via the removal tool MCPR available in the useful links tab above (top of page)

beachcomber
Former Member
Message 24 of 121

Hi I thought I'd add that my packard bell easynote tj61 (windows 7 64bit), is also suffering from this.

The strange thing Is I bought this laptop last chistmas (dec 2009) and managed to install without issue. However, I recently noticed that the control center popup was blank. I followed various threads that all spoke about it affecting xp machines and the solution was to uninstall mcafee using a romoval too, and reinstall it. - which i did.

Trouble it I am now experiencing the same BSOD error reported in this thread. I have even gone to the trouble of doing a full factory restore, and still no joy.

Again like the other posters I have contacted tech support and been informed that it is a known issue and that I could expect a fix within two weeks. - That was several weeks ago now and this morning I have tried again, and still no joy.

Does anyone have an update they can post here, as to the current status of this issue?

I will also be pointing out to customer service that I have now been without virus protection for well over a month now, as well as having lost well over a day of my time looking into this issue. - I look forward to hearing their comments.

bvaldez
Former Member
Message 25 of 121

I have been working on an Acer Aspire and am getting the BSOD, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal, but have not noted weather I am also getting "mfehidk01.sys" within the Blue Screen for errors, but suspect this might be the case from reading all the posts on this subject.  User just recently purchased the Total Protection 2010 and I installed it twice and got the same results.  System restore did bring computer back to life and for now, I have at least got the "Site Advisor" from McAfee, a free download installed, which provides protection from suspucious websites.  You can google it and hit the link directly if you can't easily find it on McAfee site.  I am going to give this a little more time but user may have to go with alternate protection if "whomever" can't get this fixed. 

shahamg
Contributor
Message 26 of 121

I'm about to remove Mcafee from all of my computers...!! The Winows 7 BSOD on my fairly new laptop was the last straw, also happened the second week in April 2010 after some type of Mcafee update. I was forced to restore Windows back to before the Mcafee update, and since then every hour or so Mcafee complains that my computer isn't fully protected. I've clicked on the FIX button a hundred times, it "fixes" the problem for an hour 😞

McAfee support isn't much of support... b/c my license is more than 30 days old (bought in 11/2009) I can't get phone support unless I pay $10. Giving up... going to try AVAST or Msft Sec Essentials...

G.

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 27 of 121

This may or may not be relevant but I notice that, after today's update which, unusually, necessitated a restart, I now have a new version of mfehidk.sys - plus new versions of many other McAfee files.

Progress?

David

Peacekeeper
Message 28 of 121

Any change in the issue? You probably  got the build 580 patch.

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 29 of 121

Could be - if I look at Navigation/McAfee Resources - About/McAfee SecurityCenter, it says Build 10.0.580.  Is this the latest 'all your problems are answered' update or am I being overoptimistic?  No blue screens today, anyway.

David

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 121

Yes latest production version  If you have the issue please let us know

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community