cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbodog
Former Member
Message 61 of 121

Re: Blue Screen Installation Error ***mfehidk01.sys***

Apparently the update that McAfee pushed out last night or this morning (6/3) corrected the problem. After doing the update and rebooting, the warning message is not longer present. I still have other apparent Win 7/64 compatibility issues, but those would be for different threads.

Message was edited by: turbodog on 6/4/10 1:46:15 AM CDT

Message was edited by: turbodog on 6/4/10 1:47:18 AM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 62 of 121

Any1 else see this? Also what version of Virusscan are you now on?

dave354x
Former Member
Message 63 of 121

Hi,

just tried to install Mcafee again..... uninstalled....clenup tool....re boot between operations...logged into my account and tried to install.........BSOD again!!!!  How pi55ed off am I?

Dump looks like:  see attached file....

Any ideas?

secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 64 of 121

I'm just curious, but what version of McAfee are you downloading and installing from the installation site.

The MFEHIDK.SYS file showed as 14.0.0 Build 351 which is the latest for that major version (14.0), but I do know that the latest McAfee should be installing 14.2.x Build 903 or higher.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 65 of 121

Mine is 14.2.0.903 which makes me wonder about the source of the installation files also.

turbodog
Former Member
Message 66 of 121

Peacekeeper,

I'm using Security Center 9.15.175. Installed via AT&T licensing.

Although I no longer have the Error message regarding mfehidk01.sys, the VirusScan service occasionally stops running, I get a popup, and have to restart it. Earlier it was multiple times a day. Now it's down to once every day or two. When VirusScan is working and I generate a System Health Report, it shows a warning that Security Center has not recorded an anti-virus product. (I assume the term "Security Center" is a "dinasaur track" from XP/Vista, since Win7 has no such application.) When I generate this report, Activity Center and McAfee ServiceCenter both indicate VirusScan is present and running. Those (the diagnostic warning message and the periodic scan shutdown) are the two issues I indicated should be separate threads, but what the heck.

Win7/64 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO mobo

AMD Phenom II x4 3.2GHz CPU

AMD BIOS 3/19/2010

4GB  RAM

Turbodog

turbodog
Former Member
Message 67 of 121

That's AT&T ISP, not AT&T Corporate.

turbodog
Former Member
Message 68 of 121

Oh, through all that I probably didn't answer the question. VirusScan version 13.15.117 was installed as part of the SecurityCenter when I downloaded it early last week. Last Update 6/5/2010, DAT 6004.0000, Engine 5400.1158.

dave354x
Former Member
Message 69 of 121

Hi I am downloading a pre paid subscription for 3 user - McAfee Internet Security (windows) which I have paid for licences for 4 machines.....the only one with the problem is the latest laptop with Windows 7.....  I download from the McAfee site which gives me this page.http://home.mcafee.com/Downloads/ProductDownload.aspx?appaffid=0&productkey=6314B601-75B1-4BA9-B254-....   The download gives a file version of 4.5.147.0 and is called DM

dave354x
Former Member
Message 70 of 121

DOH.....didnt finish.....'DMSetup'.  Its when I run this installation program that I get BSOD and the above crash..... Yes I am still Pi55ed off.

Dave

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community