cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 41 of 121

Re: Blue Screen Installation Error ***mfehidk01.sys***

Check that your system bios is at the lastest version.

dave354x
Former Member
Message 42 of 121

Hi I have had the same problem on my Packard bell laptop running windows 7 64 bit...BSOD on install....I have tried to no avail to get anyone from Mcafee to assist with any solution...which is always..."a few days" wait away...that was months ago now!!!   But still they have taken out my full renewal subscription!!

I know that the XP SP3 problem with the DAT 5958 update has prompted Mcafee to give those users 2 years free subscription....but nothing for us??

I am seriously upset with this joke now!!!

Any positive news would be good here rather than "wait a few more days"

secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 43 of 121

Since I have heard many replies that this is still an issue, I will take some time to look into myself.

To anyone still having this issue on Windows Vista/7, x64-bit...

Please post a reply and attach the minidump file Windows creates when a Blue Screen STOP error occurs. These Minidump files are date and time stamped in the filename and can be located at %SYSTEMROOT%\Minidump where %SYSTEMROOT% is a variable representing your Windows installation location.

For example, C:\Windows\MiniDump.

This folder is protected by default and you will need to run your browser or email application as Administrator to access this folder. To run your browser or email program as Administrator, Right-Click on the Browser or Application shortcut and choose "Run as Administrator".

In the case users are unable to post attachments to this forum, feel free to email me the dump files.

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 44 of 121

Thanks Peacekeeper - having checked, I do have the latest BIOS for my machine.

Nevertheless, since the update via McAfee Virtual Technician about two weeks ago, I have had only one blue screen.  This may not sound good but one blue screen in two weeks is a lot better than one or more every day.  Maybe, by coincidence or otherwise, progress has been made.

David

blaze111
Former Member
Message 45 of 121

Blue screen of death for me too!

I'm running win 7 64bit on an Acer Aspire. System crashed after McAfee TP update around 3weeks ago. Uninstalled McAfee in safe mode, system restored and brought it back to life. Spoke to McAfee three times since and each time I'm told "we are aware of the problem, we are fixing the issue and should be repaired in a couple of days" It is just not happening. Been a loyal customer of McAfee but feel isolated, uninformed & fobbed off. Does anyone have an update on this issue or how long will we be expected to wait? I Think it's time to pick up a Norton 360 and rejoin the computer world.

ryanm353
Former Member
Message 46 of 121

Hi Mark, i would email you the dump file but i dont want to download McAfee again incase it breaks my laptop like it did before.

All i know is that it says "Mfehidk.sys" is the problem and then when ive deleted that file and try to install mcafee again it will say that"Mfehidk01.sys" is the problem.

Please help get this problem solved.

secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 47 of 121

@RyanM353

The MiniDump files will still be on your computer unless you have deleted them (format, reinstall, restored using a factory image, or ran Windows 7 Cleanup and Maintenance). You do not need to reinstall McAfee at this time if you feel the crashes will return.

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 48 of 121

Hi Peacekeeper

Just to update things, my confidence that the update via Virtual Technician may have fixed things is rapidly declining.  Three blue screens in a few hours got the message through my thick skull.

To make things worse, when I contact McAfee tech support, my first task is to explain to them that there is a problem with 'mfehidk.sys'.  Eventually they agree, but then give me the standard answer of 'engineers working flat out - should be fixed in two weeks'.   Now where have I heard that before?

I think the time has probably come to throw in the towel and go back to Norton unless there is a real chance of a fix soon.

Is there anyone close to McAfee who knows about their progress on this problem?

David

Peacekeeper
Message 49 of 121

I had it 1 time on shutdown and that was 2 mths ago. Reported it and havent seen it since. Ok on my 64bit PC I am running the beta which incidently is going live tomorrow to smaller markets like Australia. Version is 10.5 unsure if fix there waiting for full list but there are a good few fixes that I have seen.

Will reask

HomeGuard
Former Member
Message 50 of 121

Thanks Peacekeeper

I hope they do fix it very soon.  The last blue screen wiped out everything so I have spent the last day reinstalling everything and not finished yet.

David

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community