Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 19

Re: Bait and Switch

..And note the new version looks exactly the same as the old.    At least my beta testing version does.

It's what's in the software that counts.

15.1 should be released asap.....and every current subscription will get it automatically.

The version changes rarely coincide exactly with the year end in my experience.

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 12 of 19

The ver 15 (2017) has a new blue-themed UI. 

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 19

Capture.PNG

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 19

Capture.PNG2017 Version

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 19

hitech_redneck wrote:

The ver 15 (2017) has a new blue-themed UI. 

As Catdaddy has demonstrated it doesn't.   I think you must be confusing it with the ad "box" pictures?  No new theme has been released and probably wont be for some time.  That was the last I was told only a short while ago.

It's probably another case of marketing gone slightly awry which is beyond the control of anyone here.

hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 16 of 19

This is way too confusing, really, I'm just about over it all. I was just trying to help out with an install issue (separate thread) and have got so many different pieces of info it is daunting. Bottom line, Mcafee apparently released 2017 version too fast without adequate QA and now there's a lot of confusion among users.  I'd be really mad if I spent money expecting a freshened interface with a new light-on-resource engine, only to have the same tired look and the same memory hog of a program.

If there's no longer a new UI for the ver 15 products, you may want to have Mcafee update this "urgent" FAQ on the new version:

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview;jsessionid=GV7suoDq6OelhbGDOFXLZlRgH...

And you might want to let PC Magazine know that the products they reviewed for 2017 are going to, at the very least, look different now, since usability is part of the review process.

McAfee LiveSafe (2017) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

McAfee AntiVirus Plus (2017) Review & Rating | PCMag.com

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 19

I can't do anything, I'm not support, just another user like yourself and the Moderators can't either as they are all volunteers here.

There isn't a lot of confusion, some people have posted about it but only a handful out of several 100's of millions is not very many.

That FAQ can only be altered if by their HQ so best you contact them:  McAfee, Inc - Total Satisfaction Promise

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 19

If I may briefly add to the discussion. While the 2017 McAfee UI is still the same. Their has been a (Dramatic) increase in performance. While all of us Mods have asked for some of the prior features be 'Re-introduced' the New (LAM) Scanning engine/along with the additional layers of protection provides you/everyone with ultimate security and protection.

Other major Security Vendors have taken the same approach as McAfee, to include WebRoot,s SecureAnywhere/ Symantec/Norton and so on.

Now having said this..I will bring this up to the (Powers that be) on tomorrows Conference Call. In regards to the PC Magazine Review.

Thank you,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 19

BTW the issue mentioned elsewhere of an upgrade to the software that had to be stopped or delayed has nothing to do with the 2016 vs 2017 issue you are discussing.  It was the same interface minus an option, just a change that didn't work too well and had to be rejigged.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community