cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tailwheel
Former Member
Message 1 of 19

Bait and Switch

How does Intel Security/McAfee justify the current bait-and-switch regarding the 2017 product line?

PC Magazine latest reviews are based on the 15.1 product line and there are times the McAfee website indicates the new 2017 product line is available (seems to be there one day a gone the next).

Unfortunately when an actual purchase is made you will receive the 14.x product as opposed to the new 2017 / 15.1 product as one would be lead to believe.

This simply isn't an honest way to do business.

18 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 19

Re: Bait and Switch

It was released and then throttled back as problems surfaced.   It is being released over time, when I have no idea.

See:    or

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 19

​,

Please be informed that McAfee is not (Intentionally) witholding the 15.1 R0/15.1.156 Version/Build.  They are having some minor difficulties with the (New Installer) and are currently enhancing it. The mindset is to begin throttling it out again, upon completion.

During the meantime, you are entirely protected,as the same (Engine Versions) are updated daily as it will be with the new (LAM) Scanning engine. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Here is a preview of the New Version/Build; new LAM ( Lightweight anyimalware) install FAQs

I hope this helped....

All the Best,

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 19

Oooops!  With this platform I was not aware you were replying

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tailwheel
Former Member
Message 5 of 19

This doesn't alter the fact the I purchased a product expecting 'A' and received 'B', nor does your website accurately represent the current situation.

I know it works in your corporate best interest to attract new customer's  portraying your product as the "new" McAfee 2017 when in fact it is not.

Why not simply provide a fair disclaimer indicating the truth?

Finally, starting your reply with a puffed up 'Please be informed' doesn't serve your interests either.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 19

" Puffed Up" ?

With all due respect...I was simply concise and truthful in my explanation. I am sorry you feel that my comments were less than helpful. In this case, I would advise you to contact Customer Service to voice your discontent, as it seems our comments do not seem to ease your concerns.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 19

You should be taking this up with Customer Service, we can't do anything about sales techniques here.

But believe me, you aren't being deprived of anything....same software, almost the same functionality and it all upgrades when it upgrades and no sooner.

Contact Support

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 19

You could also contact McAfee through this link;McAfee, Inc - Total Satisfaction Promise

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
hitech_redneck
Former Member
Message 9 of 19

I agree with you tailwheel.  I was getting 2017 download but it would fail during install, one time it installed OK, now it's back to the 2016 version. I spoke to the reviewer at PC Mag and even he thought he was reviewing the 2017 version but it was actually the 2016 version with the gray/green UI.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 19

Please refer to this:

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community