cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milligangs
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Netprotect Plus Install Incomplete - Couldn't Install Security Features

I am having problems installing BT Netprotect Plus which continually fails with the error "Couldn't install any of the security features included with your software". The advice is to run McAfee Virtual Technician but this also fails.

I have a HP desktop running windows 7 and IE 9.

I have read similar discussions on this problem and have carried out a number of the suggested recovery actions but to no avail:

• ran the McAfee clean tool MCPR
  • renamed dll files
  • Uninstalled / re-installed C++ files
  • Removed other antivirus products - winferno, Norton

The problem is now driving me mad so can anyone please help. I have attached some log information which I hope may help.

Extremely lengthy log removed, zipped and added as an attachment below - Moderator

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Netprotect Plus Install Incomplete - Couldn't Install Security Features

Moved this to the General Discussion area. I edited the log out of your post as it's just too lengthy to navigate.  I attached it as a zip attachment so any tech reading this can read it but normally only Technical Support could make head or tails of that, see the link in my signature below.

If you uninstalled all previous software and used the removal tool(s) for that then I can only assume there are still remnants of the software left behind.  What brand(s) did you have before?

Also as McAfee relies in IE even if you don't use it as your browser, you need urgently to update IE from v9 to v11.  (IE9 is a security risk).  I would do that now and make sure the rest of Windows is totally up to date.

For more help I recommend contacting Technical Support directly as they will be interested in those logs.  It's free of charge by phone or online chat.

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)

How To Uninstall/Reinstall McAfee Consumer Products EXCEPT Anti-Theft
How To Submit A False Detection To McAfee
Beta Test McAfee Products For PC & MAC
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Netprotect Plus Install Incomplete - Couldn't Install Security Features

BTW, I trust that this is Windows 7 SP1 ??  If not then it isn't supported and no wonder you are having problems.   Check here: 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community