cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 161 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

what bigger issue does McAfee have other then their customers and their satisfaction??? as for issues being fixed speedily this problem has been going on for over a year. any slower and we might confuse them with norton.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 162 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

frankie i found the fix almost a year ago. my laptop is running trend, and my desktop is running bitdefender, both better anti virus programs then McAfee. and both work great with dial up.

Peacekeeper
Message 163 of 186

Have pinged the tech who was reproducing this issue. There are not the heaps of calls about it so the issue does not get the attention we would prefer. I will update you when I hear from him.

johnpt
Former Member
Message 164 of 186

Franki

I have always used McAfee in business and on 4 domestic computers but having tried and failed to get action on this which was stopping me use a dial-up line as a back-up I changed to Norton when my subscritions became due.

Norton was MUCH cheaper worked smoother without the delays McAfee gave me and seems to do the job very well.

Interestingly my bussiness system which is still on an old version of McAfee still works OK for dial-up as I have previously reported.

(Based in the UK dialing into fsnet.co.uk)

rabbit2
Contributor
Message 165 of 186

Any progress on this fault yet? I use dial-up every 6 months so as to keep an old account active for loss-of-broadband emergencies. I'm in danger of losing the account. Here's some additional information from my changes log that may help:

With Intel-chipped PCI Win modem (which had worked fine for years)

28 Dec.11:  Dial-up working ok  with SC11.0.623, VS 15.0.291, PF 12.0.344, SA 3.4.0.143 and QC&S11.0.393.

30 Jun.12:  Dial-up flaky. Two connection attempts resulted in hard reboot. A third attempt was successful for a couple of minutes with data downloaded successfully. A fourth attempt connected ok but after about 15s of download the PC rebooted. SC 11.0.678, VS 15.0.302, PF 12.0.355, SA 3.4.1.195, AS12.0.292 and QC&S 11.0.418. This on-the-edge behaviour does not appear to have been reported before.

13 Oct.12:  Replaced motherboard and CPU (planned upgrade) and replaced modem (assumed it was faulty).

With Lucent-chipped PCI Win modem (new hardware and drivers)

14 Oct.12:  Dial-up always fails at the end of ISP registration but not with a reboot but this time complete machine freezing - mouse, keyboard, ctrl-alt-del all dead and screen frozen. SC 11.0.678, VS 15.0.302, PF 12.0.360, SA 3.5.1.229, AS12.0.292, QC&S 11.0.418

Having suffered from the mcsrvhost.exe problem (which took about a year to fix), then the corrupted screen display in summer 2011, and now this problem (which has not been fixed in over a year) you can imagine what my opinion is of McAfee.

Peacekeeper
Message 166 of 186

I would like to tell you they are onto this but as far as I see things are not progressing well. I will remind them but do not hold much hope

Peacekeeper
Message 167 of 186

Things still moving that is all I can say now.

Peacekeeper
Message 168 of 186

Rabbit2 are you willing to work with support to get logs/dumps. The dumps will have to be saved to a cd and posted back to Mcafee.

rabbit2
Contributor
Message 169 of 186

Peacekeeper, yes I'm ok to help with dumps etc. I'm in the UK and posting to India might not be very quick or cheap. I think McAfee have an office in Ireland (not sure about the UK) or would it be possible to upload directly to a server or send as attachments? Also if McAfee want to specify some test scenarios I'm happy to oblidge or perhaps run Process Monitor or whatever. I only ask that the number of connections to dial-up is kept to a dozen or so because this is a chargeable service to me. Let me know how you want to proceed.

Peacekeeper
Message 170 of 186

The contact is in canada. Size dumps in the 100s MB so download via dialup would suck y if you do have broadband FTP a possibility. By posting it was intended to be at their cost not yours.

Will point MarkR your way

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 19/10/12 1:10:39 PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community