cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnpt
Former Member
Message 61 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Update on the dial -up

McAfee phoned me last night for their the daily up-date they have been giving me (they have kept me informed even though every day it has been no solution yet)

The news was that they have there top team working on the dial-up problem and there would be a patch issued as part of their automatic undating. However they did not know when.

Rather strangely they said they would not be telling when the patch is issued.

So at some stage the problem will disapear but we don't know when!

I hope that this page will carry a report on progress.

John

Peacekeeper
Message 62 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

They might not tell you but be sure we will keep asking each Monday call and when we hear anything we will post it here.

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 63 of 186

Peacekeeper wrote:

They might not tell you but be sure we will keep asking each Monday call and when we hear anything we will post it here.

Thanks. That was a concern of mine as well.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 64 of 186

so it has been determined that it is McAfee's software causing all of these problems am i correct?

if it is then when are they going to reimburse all of us that have been having this problem?

i do not know about the rest of you all but 50 dollars is a lot of money to piss away on a program that does not work properly!

Peacekeeper
Message 65 of 186

It appears to be a clash with the ISP software as mentioned above they are working to find the cause. At solution you can request an extension to your subscription. If support will not do it Private message me  and I will see what I can do.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 66 of 186

I don't need an extension of their " service". i am quite happy with bitdefender anti virus software.

my dial up internet works great. my system is not slowed up by McAfee excessive resource hogging.

what i want to know is when they are going to reimburse us dissatisfied customers for that garbage software that they pawned off on us? because of their screwed up software i lost money on my online business. ( yes you can conduct business on the internet with dial up)

bob2011
Contributor
Message 67 of 186

Hopefully someone will post here when it is fixed for dial-up, specifically Earthlink.

When if/they do fix it, how do I re-install?  I uninstalled McAfee so there is nothing from McAfee left on my system...

Dinz
Former Member
Message 68 of 186

Hi bob,shuby61and jmckee,

I understand your frustration on this , but  So far we have two issues reported here on this thread , which makes it difficult to drive the pace and reach a conclusion

1. BSOD while connecting to Dial up
  2. System freezes while connecting to dial up

To keep you all posted  I have by now acquired two set of logs for the 2nd issue

Kindly post back and confirm your issue among the above 2 so that we could proceed accordingly and make sure this is taken to the right people

Regards,

Message was edited by: Dinz on 10/3/11 12:49:54 PM GMT-06:00
bob2011
Contributor
Message 69 of 186

My issue is #1.

I posted pictures of the BSODs in reply 11 of this discussion thread.

If someone from McAfee sends me a disk, I can reinstall and get minidumps or what ever other logs they may need to troubleshoot.

thanks.

SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 70 of 186

my problem was  either my computer would lock up or just reboot every time that i connected on line. but now since i fixed the problem my system is running faster and cleaner. the fix I used like I posted earlier was to completly delete McAfee from my system and install bitdefender. I highly recommend this fix to all McAfee users.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community