cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 41 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

i have been telling this same thing to the McAfee people but they want to blame the problem on everything except their own software that is why i fixed my McAfee problem by simply uninstalling it and then installing bitdefender as my antivirus software. since dumping McAfee i have no problems connecting to the internet via dialup.

i was with McAfee since the early 90s and it seemed that every year i had a problem up grading and it seemed to get worse each year until this year i decided it was the finial straw and i went to a better antivirus company.

if you were smart you would jump from the sinking McAfee ship and if money is a problem there are atleast 2 good free antivirus programs out there. good luck with whatever you decide. again as for me it's good by to the sinking McAfee.

Peacekeeper
Message 42 of 186

Re: BSOD when connecting to internet using dial-up services (yes some people still do this)

Mcafee is investigating why the dailing software of various dailup ISPs react to Mcafee AV software. Yours is netzero Mcafee also has issues with another isp software. I will update thread Monday

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 17/09/11 6:29:02 PM
johnpt
Former Member
Message 43 of 186

I had a session with a McAfee "Tier 3" technician last night (UK time) but no improvement. He took control of my PC and checked drivers and the dial up settings.

I am not a techy but I don't unerstand why McAfee are not looking at Blue Screen logs and simulating this problem on their own machines. Maybe they don't have anything that can dial-up?

It seems clear that the problem is just after the dia-up connection is made and as interaction starts between the two computers.

I find it hard to believe that it is a dial-up or modem setting that causes such a problem. Surely it must be an iteraction between McAfee softwrae and the ISP's dialog with the PC.

John

johnpt
Former Member
Message 44 of 186

Another call tonight from McAfee to say that they are still working on the problem but don't have a fix. They will call me again when they have a fix.

I get the impression that this issue is not being dealt with by the programmers but by fault finding technicians.

Peacekeeper
Message 45 of 186

Asking about this in 10 minutes

Yes still under investigation they are gathering logs. Does disabling netguard stop this? (In firewall settings). Just a silly idea of mine.  This assume you have 2011 version.

( Just heard netguard already tried on another user's PC so probably not of help)

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 20/09/11 6:22:26 AM

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 20/09/11 6:24:06 AM
SHUBYDO61
Contributor
Message 46 of 186

so now McAfee is actually admitting it is their program causing the problem and not trying to blame other companies.

how many customers, besides myself, did they lose before they decided that it was their fault?

johnpt
Former Member
Message 47 of 186

How many people around the world are still trying to find out why their dial-up fails and have not realised that it is McAfee causing the problem?

John

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 48 of 186

Hi All,

Jmckee was on a compuserve dialer and bob2011 with an earthlink dialup . Could you please let us know are you using one among the two or any other ??

Regards,

johnpt
Former Member
Message 49 of 186

I am in the UK and using Orange (Freeserve) dial-up number is 084405 64000. This is a freephone number and I don't think can be accessed from outside the UK.

jmckee
Contributor III
Message 50 of 186

Still using CompuServe 2000 version 6.02 (for XP). The CS Dialer also has the same issue as does Juno.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community