Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattthumper
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Another Thread on Fails to Install

Hello,

The installation of Mcafee keeps failing.

I have previously had it installed and running on this computer in the past.

Whether I do a 'Typical' or 'Custom' install it just disappears after I hit the 'Next' button.

Another day I ran it it came up and asked me for my email address and password (to the McAfee account).
Then it asked me which of my two available McAfee products I wanted to install (3-User McAfee Internet Security or McAfee SecurityCenter).

Well, neither one works because when I select one and press "Next" the install window disappears
and the installation apparently fails.

Is there a problem with DMSetup.exe?

Why won't it install?

This is an XP machine.

Thanks,

Matt

1 Reply
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Another Thread on Fails to Install

Hi Matt,
Provide some information about the computer as it would help in diagnosing the problem,
What operating system are you using  Windows xp/vista ?
What is the internet explorer version and cipher strength (open IE - click help - click about internet explorer) ?
How old is the computer?

Regards,
Dinesh K
Mcafee Online community moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community