Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 1 of 3

Annoying Pop-Up Ads-Parental Controls

It got to the point at one time with Aol, that I found that by simply using my (Parental Control) Features. I could and still do. Block "Atwola.com" -(At Time Warner Online) from throwing up persistent ads. In this case, you may try to simply Activate/Add particular Sites,Tracking Cookies, etc.

Try adding to the (Blocked Sites) Category...Winferno.com, or the actual Hyper-link involved with the annoying pop-ups.

To this day,I receive no pop-up advertisements. However, you will see a "Brief" McAfee prompt informing you that it has blocked the site.

Parental Controls....A powerful Feature of McAfee.

Regards,

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Re: Annoying Pop-Up Ads-Parental Controls

and very funny in that I and the wife never get any. I run the beta version and she the consumer.. Must be as yoou said Time warner trying to make a buck.

Mo active Family Protection either.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 3

Re: Annoying Pop-Up Ads-Parental Controls

In regards to the mentioned Ads from Winferno, I like you and your wife never receive any either. I only maybe get (1) email every (2) years (I renew every couple of years). I run what I consider a Top-End Suite-McAfee Total Protection.

As for my post in regards to "Parental Controls". I mentioned that you can block the mentioned Pop-up Adverts by using this feature. Not to say that I done so for Winferno. Yet I have for my (own) personal preference in regards to Atwola-Tacoda.Atwola.com.

I primarily chose to utilize Parental Controls, because I don,t like ads while I am in my Email.

Yep, so true in regards to Time Warner trying to make a Buck....

I like you have never received any Pop-up Ads

So I guess that we are one in the same?

Message was edited by: catdaddy on 5/11/14 7:30:00 PM CDT
Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community