cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gremlin57
Contributor
Message 21 of 74

Re: Annoying McAfee Popup Spam - How to Disable?

Jump to solution
I've used McAfee for years, license covering 50 devices or so (although that's not what I originally signed up for!) and totally agree with you. Tonight I'm looking for an alternative company that doesn't annoy paying customers.
NotYourMum
Contributor
Message 22 of 74

Jump to solution

The sheer amount of pop ups McAfee are now spamming their paying users with is ridiculous. The settings in the programme, indeed those indicated in this thread, do nothing. There is seemingly no way to stop these or to otherwise opt-out of them. Along with many of others here, I will too be getting an alternative solution unless McAfee urgently implement a method of disabling these promotional and nudge popups. Total shambles. I won't be waiting for my renewal date.

David972
Contributor
Message 23 of 74

Jump to solution

Thsi solution which is similar to what McAfee support sent me does not work.  First of all, in the version if McAfee software that I have, there are no options to set under "Information alerts".  I disabled everything in Edge and Chrome for notifications and even blocked McAfee but they are still coming through.  Please send us a solution that will stop these pop-ups.  We can't have these show up during presentations or on live streams like they are now.  If they cannot be stopped, we will not be renewing our subscriptions.

sjohns18
Contributor
Message 24 of 74

Jump to solution

I have the same issue, constant, annoying pop-ups. I will be switching anti virus providers as soon as my subscription expires.

fishanderson
Contributor II
Message 25 of 74

Jump to solution

I have the same thing.. nothing in there.. 

rlipoff
Contributor II
Message 26 of 74

Jump to solution

This solution, if it ever worked, is no longer accurate. There is no way to disable them from the popups themselves. There is no longer an option in McAfee to disable notifications. There is no setting to disable McAfee notifications in Windows Settings. But I still see this same solution in multiple places on here. I've already uninstalled McAfee on all of my devices and will not renew my subscription. These marketing popups are intrusive, annoying, and you've lost one more customer because of them.

Mbecks
Contributor III
Message 27 of 74

Jump to solution

There is one solution that works. Delete any trace of McAfee from you PC.

RobertZed
Contributor II
Message 28 of 74

Jump to solution

Sadly I agree.   Just kind of bummed.  Reasonable anti-virus program but now seems to have turned south.   Still have several months of subscription left so I guess I am stuck paying for ads for a program I paid for until the subscription ends.  I will just have remain vigilant to watch that McAfee does not "helpfully" turn auto renew back on for me.

RobertZed
Contributor II
Message 29 of 74

Jump to solution

Right with you.   Going to run out the subscription unless it progressively gets worse.  On the plus side, gives me some time to evaluate alternatives. 

digitig
Contributor II
Message 30 of 74

Jump to solution

And the really sad thing is, they know. When you cancel, they ask you why. And the first reason they offer is “Too many popup notifications”.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community