Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 81 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

​,

I can understand your frustrations, and appreciate your patience and understanding. When a thread becomes as Verbose as this one, one can easily overlook things that have been said , in fact there are individuals whom are agreeing to allow the Technicians/Engineers to gather logs, in order to come up with a resolution. .

All the best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
vetes
Former Member
Message 82 of 358

Jump to solution

catdaddy,

I have followed each post. The purpose of mine was to reiterate other's noting that the 209 update was indeed not a fix. I also understand that there have been individuals whom have volunteered to offer up their logs. There is no reason for your post other than to rile me by accusing me of ignoring something. What exactly, I don't know, as your post contains no solution nor does any other post on this thread. It has been several days and there has been no progress whatsoever. I would expect a reply to contain a solution. That's what companies who offer software solutions that don't screw up their customer's computers should do.

Steve Padilla

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 83 of 358

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Please know that that was not my (intent) as I have constantly all throughout this entire thread thread, done my utmost to keep everyone updated and informed. As always your input and everyone concerned is sincerely appreciated. If that  is what you construed, Then I sincerely apologize. I never have, nor ever will be rude to any Customer/User. I will step back and allow the Technicians/Engineer,s to continue to work towards a resolution.

Thank you,

Cliff/CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 84 of 358

Jump to solution

vetes wrote:

catdaddy,

I have followed each post. The purpose of mine was to reiterate other's noting that the 209 update was indeed not a fix. I also understand that there have been individuals whom have volunteered to offer up their logs. There is no reason for your post other than to rile me by accusing me of ignoring something. What exactly, I don't know, as your post contains no solution nor does any other post on this thread. It has been several days and there has been no progress whatsoever. I would expect a reply to contain a solution. That's what companies who offer software solutions that don't screw up their customer's computers should do.

Steve Padilla

He was agreeing with you Steve.  Simply expanding on how complicated this thread has become.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 85 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you Ex_Brit, for that indeed was my intent, I feel badly that it was taken 'Out of context'. I can truly understand how our users wish that a resolution is forthcoming, sooner than later.. Now I totally digress.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
teapot
Contributor
Message 86 of 358

Jump to solution

well, something just got pushed to my machine that has now effectively rendered that box useless. Could no longer connect to the internet (open browsers all froze).  Tried killing analytics and would not kill.  Tried opening edge (had chrome open), it could not connect.  Tried opening mcafee console, it would not open.  Yep, it got worse....   Am typing this from an ubuntu box connected to same network that has ZERO problems connecting through same modem.

Rebooted the win10 box about 3 times already.  Made no difference.    If I click on "Open Mcafee Total Protection", nothing happens and anything I further try to do with the Mcafee  icon does nothing (no menu's zip).   Can't tell you what got pushed to my machine since I can't bring up anything now.

teapot
Contributor
Message 87 of 358

Jump to solution

some further information.   Machine does have a valid DHCP IP address. Can ping it from local ubuntu box and that box  can ping the router and this box (all on local private 192.network).   Win10 box cannot ping anything on the internet side.  Tried www.yahoo.com and it seemed to resolve the address at least the first time but nothing got out after it figured out the IP address.  Ping via IP directly not respond.  Appears firewall is blocking anything except things on local subnet.

Tried opening disable firewall via "Change settings...firewall" and as before, nothing opened.  Least that didn't disable the choices on the menu but big deal, nothing happened just the same.

Looks like I'll hae to completely uninstall and hope it really does uninstall.

teapot
Contributor
Message 88 of 358

Jump to solution

And yet more info.   Had hoped someone would have responded somehow else to "fix" before uninstall--aka disable some service, etc.    So left the machine running.  Came back a couple of hours later and McAfee console had opened.   Sorry, can't be more specific on how long exactly it took.  But it wasn't a reasonable amount of time.  Saw I could get on, closed the console, tried to reopen and again in waiting a long time mode.  Is there like logging or debugging or something going on that it's not very responsive anymore?

alli1958
Former Member
Message 89 of 358

Jump to solution

This is what was happening to my machine last week, first Chrome would freeze, then I would try to use IE or Edge without success - though downloads kept going so I knew I was connected. I was unable to kill the process and unable to open McAfee prompting me to eventually uninstall Chrome and switch to using Edge - so far (since Saturday) I have had no issues with the process without changing any other behaviours - prior to this action I was rebooting every couple of hours  My logic tells me that this is Chrome specific so I have also logged this on the Chrome support forum as well. Not sure if my logic is right in this instance.

csmicfool
Former Member
Message 90 of 358

Jump to solution

Update on my situation.

Problem disappeared for a few days and came back with a vengance today.  I couldn't start work VM due to lack of memory.

At that moment the analytics was pulling about 14+GB of RAM.

Next, I went to the services tab and attempted to stop ClientAnalyticsService.  THIS WAS A BAD IDEA (but may be a clue for devs)
- Immediately saw memory leak begin to grow.  Had been holding stead at ~14GB and immediately started growing by about 150MB per second until it consumed all available system RAM (close to ~23 GB).

- Chome, outlook, other apps all began to suffer.  Closed as many as possible via task manager to get available RAM to try and correct. (Chrome, Outlook, Windows Indexing, Steam, and a few others I cannot remember)

- McAfee UI was able to open after a few minutes of making room for it in memory and I disabled real-time scanning.  No (immediate) effect.
- After about 10 minutes of being fully pegged on memory the problem basically stopped and the analytics process disappeared from task manager.

Please let us know when we can expect a resolution.  This has now interrupted 2 business days.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community