cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 271 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Is yours a memory issue or CPU % usage issue? The memory issue has been fixed if you have the file versions below. note that some partners hold back patches till they test them themselves.

DougK said re the memory fix

You are quite correct that build number 2.1.167.0 (of McClientAnalytics.dll and McClientAnalytics.exe files) is the one that contains the fix for this memory consumption issue. files found here

C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics folder

user_4167
Former Member
Message 272 of 358

Jump to solution

I was using both IE11 and Chrome. Neither would work as Analytics SDK kept running.

I uninstalled Chrome and IE works fine. I do not see SDK running at at all.

IF this is a "Google" thing then you'd think THEY would fix it?  They infest our

lives anyway.

Have you written Google? Oh, that's right there's NO PLACE to complain to?

Try uninstalling Chrome and see if your other browser will work.

McM

Peacekeeper
Message 273 of 358

Jump to solution

You could disable the service that runs analyticssdk  that works till the memory fix gets to all and the cpu issue clears. note issue seems not to happen in 15.1 which is starting re-release in 6 weeks or so.

olegr
Former Member
Message 274 of 358

Jump to solution

I tested Chrome installation on clean PC. It does not affect the issue. It would be the very first idea to everybody - check if Chrome involved.

Probably your Chrome installation is corrupted (sometimes you cannot fix it with reinstall) and it is possible your issue is not related to discussed at this thread.

windymiller
Contributor
Message 275 of 358

Jump to solution

Last Thursday, at around noon, my browsers all stopped working again, with AnalyticsSDK using >1GB memory.  I was able to disable the ClientAnalytics service and my (Win 8.1) laptop has been working ok since then.  Today (Thursday), at around noon (again), my browsers again all stopped working.  And I discovered that the ClientAnalytics service had reset itself from Disabled to Manual & 'Stopping'.  BUT this time AnalyticsSDK was only on ~1.4MB memory.  I powered off, and was able to reset the ClientAnalytics service back to disabled, and can now browse again.  But is this now yet another related issue?  It's seemingly not the AnalyticsSDK memory leak this time, and the CPU usage was not high either - there was nothing unusual showing in TaskManager at all.

And what is it that happens at noon on a Thursday which overrides my settings?

I'm running McAfee AntiVirus Plus.  Version 14.0.3061, installed 31/01, according to Programs & Features. Version 14.0, Release 14.0.R12, according to McAfee | About.

NB - In my C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\ClientAnalytics folder, there's no McClientAnalytics.dll or McClientAnalytics.exe files - although they do appear in a "Legacy" subfolder (dated 08/02/17 20:57).  Both of those are version 2.1.167.0.

olegr
Former Member
Message 276 of 358

Jump to solution

> what is it that happens at noon on a Thursday which overrides my settings

Scheduled McAfee update?

> But is this now yet another related issue?  It's seemingly not the AnalyticsSDK memory leak this time, and the CPU usage was not high either

I never (but once) had CPU issue and never free RAM was below 50%. Nevertheless other symptoms were the same and the same workaround works well on my PC. I believe that CPU and RAM issues are just side effects.

windymiller
Contributor
Message 277 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks olegr. When I had AnalyticsSDK using 1.4GB memory, that also never took me below 50% free RAM (I think it was using something like 33% total). So I'd agree that that was just a symptom. But it is one many people were seeing, and I'm now seeing something different, but with the same browsing problem.  So it seems that something has changed, but it's just replaced one problem with another!

By the same workaround - do you mean disabling the ClientAnalytics service?

birdcaje
Former Member
Message 278 of 358

Jump to solution

my McAfee does same thing. gets stuck during routine updates. I finally stopped auto update and now execute update manually while the action window id open. (even though a messege says to close it). This action has been successful. my update now completes and concludes that I am current.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 279 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

The issue that you explain is a entire different issue altogether. I suggest that you create a discussion in (General Discussion) Something along the lines of (Updates getting stuck).Usually what resolves that issue is to do a 'Restart'.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
olegr
Former Member
Message 280 of 358

Jump to solution

You are welcome.

> I had AnalyticsSDK using 1.4GB memory

I observed 1.8 GB, that was well below my 12 GB RAM limit.

> do you mean disabling the ClientAnalytics service?

Yes, I do.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community