Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam1
Former Member
Message 351 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I have just received my new subscription for Total Protection and downloaded it.  All is better now and ClientAnalytics has been updated and turned on by the update.

Thanks to you and everyone else on this board. 

cyrusy
Former Member
Message 352 of 358

Jump to solution

I was having the same problem with Chrome crashing a lot. I disable AnalyticsSDK as recommended. I also deleted Google Chrome but now when I try to download a new version of Chrome I get messages about the site not having a valid security certificate. I think this is a phony issue as it seems to be from DNSUnlocker. Microsoft Edge seems to be working, although I get a lot of phony adware announcements about needing to fix my windows system. I thought I had cleared most of the adware garbage off my system but I wonder if the Analytics SDK was protecting me? Could use some help with this. And why can't McAfee deal with these adware issues? We shouldn't have to deal with this after paying as much as we do for Total Protection.

Peacekeeper
Message 353 of 358

Jump to solution

Analyticssdk really only a heath of the program reporter it would not be protecting you. Sounds as if you still have adware present I would do three scans

1. With getsusp it will report anything suspicious to McAfee and help update McAfee re files it is missing. Note put your email addy in the program preferences so McAfee can update you re what it finds.

2. Run Malwarebytes. note install the free version not the trial as it uses real time scanning as well so may clash with McAfee. Note the new install installs the trial for 14 days then reverts to a manual scanner.

3. Install and run adwcleaner

These available from

See if the above helps. BTW the fix is being released all over the partners might be slower to get it but check for build 173 of the files I mentioned above

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 354 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

In addition you may find these articles most informative.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
teapot
Contributor
Message 355 of 358

Jump to solution

So after all this, I took the moderators advice from a while back and sent email to the McAfee total satisfaction link (repeated below for those who want it).   Figured after 2+ months of hell and having parts of the software disabled just so I could have a usable PC, would think they would at least give some compensation by extending my subscriptions by sticking with them.

Link: Antivirus Software and Internet Security For Your PC or Mac | McAfee

Well, what did I get?  An auto acknowledgement  on March 4th that received my email but NOTHING since.

Thanks McAfee.   Always good to know that they pledge total satisfaction and then don't really give it.   Guess this was my mistake.  Should have asked for my money back.

personaltrainer
Former Member
Message 356 of 358

Jump to solution

My subscription had expired, and I recently updated it.  While most of you have been experiencing this problem, it just hit me after McAfee updated my software when I renewed.  For awhile, I was able to kill the AnalysticsSDK from the Task Manager.  Now, that no longer works.  For whatever reason, I can no longer shut it down from the Task Manager.

I've been trying to shut down McClientAnalytics.exe, but my system is so tied down that I can't even get the window to pop up.  

Peacekeeper
Message 357 of 358

Jump to solution

The fix is when you have this firewall version or higher

ERpatch.jpg.png

Fix is Mcafee Antivirus Plus update that included new versions of McClientAnalytics.exe, McClientAnalytics.dll, and ModuleAnalyticsProxy.dll. The new files have version number 2.1.173.0 (vs. the problematic version 2.1.167.0).

Email slow best to chat or call and request an escalation if still not fixed

xin8068844519
Contributor III
Message 358 of 358

Jump to solution

It worked for me too

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community