Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olegr
Former Member
Message 341 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

> wondering to myself why it is included with the software if it isn't providing some level of security

The service provides higher level of security to McAfee engine. Unfortunately it was later discovered that the service is not compatible with the newest update of a popular software (not Windows nor McAfee).

jpribe
Contributor
Message 342 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you for the info. The thread is definitely too long, I flipped through 6 or 7 pages looking for fixes and info and must have missed the right ones.

olegr
Former Member
Message 343 of 358

Jump to solution

The whole picture has been assembled to me just recently too.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 344 of 358

Jump to solution

I have just posted/edited the (Work-Around) in the original thread, so we will not have to continue to repeat ourselves. The (Fix) is coming.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jpribe
Contributor
Message 345 of 358

Jump to solution

I'm sure there has been plenty of data collected, but I noticed that the memory usage continuously increased while running µTorrent (downloading kids games from humblebundle.com and grabbing a Debian ISO). Killed µTorrent and the memory usage stopped climbing and held steady around 1.4 GB.

Anyway, service disabled and rebooting...

Thanks again to all for the quick help.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 346 of 358

Jump to solution

​,

You are most welcome That is why I edited the original thread, as there is no sense in us to continue repeating ourselves, over and over. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

My understanding is that the latter part of March, a final fix is forthcoming.

All the Best

Cliff

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
spaceydave
Former Member
Message 347 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks, the solution worked for me. I was having issues on both my wife's and my laptop. The PC would freeze or both Chrome and Explorer would freeze. I wound up putting process hacker in the startup and finally figured out it was McClientAnalytics.exe that was causing the issue.  Think this thing starts after a McAfee update. Intel need's to change their policy, so that McAfee software updates are mandatory for all Intel employees personal and company computers at least week, before it is BETA tested on the general public. I know that sounds a bit unfair, but software testing is complicated and expensive and companies tend to have some internal faction that keeps trying to cut back on the costs and push the expense and pain onto the consumer. Being cost effective, is not letting the forums figure it out for you or blaming Windows in a support call! (sorry all, had to vent).      

Peacekeeper
Message 348 of 358

Jump to solution

ll read below posted in the CPU issue thread

I just this minute received a Mcafee Antivirus Plus update that included new versions of McClientAnalytics.exe, McClientAnalytics.dll, and ModuleAnalyticsProxy.dll. The new files have version number 2.1.173.0 (vs. the problematic version 2.1.167.0).

With this fix all should stabilize though the fix is being throttled to a small number of users initially.. At least a fix is here.

user_93663
Former Member
Message 349 of 358

Jump to solution

I suppose I am one of the chosen to receive the fix.  My McClientAnalytics file is dated February 16, 2016 and the \legacy subdirectory contains two .dll files bearing the same date.  The file version is 2.1.173.0, and the date modified is Feb 16, 2017 at 11:57am.  (I can't believe I forgot how to do a screen shot of the file details from its Properties, as I have seen at least one other post on this thread showing the details for that file (newest version).  (Thanks to that individual!!!)  The system has reverted to enabling (to manual) the startup type for the previously disabled ClientAnalytics service in services.msc, but so far, it is running smooth as silk.  My Action Center reliability monitor has slowly made its way from a 1 back to almost a 10 (most of that time, of course, the ClientAnalytics service had been turned off based on the recommendations made by the very helpful personnel on this board).  An examination of task manager reveals that ClientAnalytics is consuming NO CPU time and experiencing no climbing memory useage, and I have experienced no further crashes.  At this point, we need to wait and give it time to see if the fix is holding completely or just making problems less apparent and/or less frequent.  But, so far, I am very optimistic.

My system runs Win7/SP1, Ultimate, 64 bits, 32GB RAM, 4GB video ram, and has a 6 core processor.  From the beginning of this problem with Total Protection, my system was never unusable, but it was crashing in the background so often that my reliability index in Action Center had dropped down to about 1.  I was seeing in the Action Center multiple crashes of AnalyticsSDK and a specific pointer to the McClientAnalytics.exe file.  I will keep my fingers crossed.

In the meantime, I wish to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to McAfee Support and especially to the moderators and others on this board who took their valuable time to assist with this issue and to keep us informed of what was happening.  My hat's off to all of you!!!!

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 350 of 358

Jump to solution

Thank you and everyone, for the positive input   I *Tip my Glass* to you and everyone for your unique understanding and patience.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community