Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adam1
Former Member
Message 311 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

Worked good for disabling Client Services.

Thanks

adam1
Former Member
Message 312 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks.  Mine is also working fine now. I had the problem for at least a month.

pcassady
Contributor
Message 313 of 358

Jump to solution

Has McAfee done anything to address this problem?  It seems like many, many people are having trouble with their McAfee products.

adam1
Former Member
Message 314 of 358

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info.  I had just ordered a new disk for 2017.  Hope this has the fix.

adam1
Former Member
Message 315 of 358

Jump to solution

Hope you are patient if you try contacting McAfee.  They are very busy now.

Peacekeeper
Message 316 of 358

Jump to solution

Well the memory issue is fixed but not all users have got it due to who actually supplied the program ie PC makers  isps etc sometimes lag Mcafee on applying fixes.

The fix though has a barb the memory issue becomes a cpu issue so I would keep the service disabled

wiu
Contributor
Message 317 of 358

Jump to solution

So why not just remove this whole client scanner thingy temporarily for a new version, recommend all users download the latest installer from the website until the problem is sorted?  I've uninstalled Mcafee from this (Windows 8.1) laptop and had no issues since.  Great knowing that I'm paying for a service that I can't use though.  Mcafee should be crediting customers with extra subscription days to make up for this utter mess.  I am keeping an eye on this thread and the CPU issue one though in the hope that a fix can be found sometime in the next 23 months so I can at least get something back for my money.  Still don't understand how this issue can effect W7, W8.1, W10 but not W8.  My music production laptop uses W8 and thankfully doesn't have this issue.

I've had spyware that wasn't as bad as the issues this horrible thing is causing just so you can keep tabs on what Mcafee is doing on my laptop.  I just wonder how many off your customers are throwing away perfectly good PC's thinking their hardware is at fault.

indigorayne
Former Member
Message 318 of 358

Jump to solution

No one tells you that they're spying on you LOL. Why would they when "data collection" is not only legal but unregulated in the United States (despite the fact that everything is data) until the FTC cracks down on more companies for their illegal collections we're stuck in this forced collection from numerous companies - collecting the very data which we're wasting our money attempting to protect.

You should open resource monitor sometime and watch the processes rummaging through your personal files, while actively sending byte after byte.

skeown
Contributor
Message 319 of 358

Jump to solution

Please keep the discussions in this post on topic.  I'm staying subscribed in the off chance that I can be helpful, but paranoid ramblings don't help anyone and just clutter up mailboxes.

Also a reminder that this thread is with regards to the memory leak.  Another thread has been created due to the CPU usage. 

I'll also point out that not all users who had the memory leak issue are now experiencing the CPU hog issue or the blocked internet access. 

I'll also state again that since I am a counter example (did experience the memory leak, but do not see the CPU hog with the fixed version applied) that if there is anything I can provide in terms of disproving or proving a theory that I will make all possible attempts to make myself and my environment available.

Peacekeeper
Message 320 of 358

Jump to solution

Re what i found out in our call

1. 4 logs sent to the Developers they have not seen them yet as it was late in the day.

2. Google and Nvidia uses analytics sdk as Mcafee does so I was told. It was confirmed they  (McAfee) is not interested in PC site visits or private info. There is enough of this done by cookies.

3. Stopping service two things to try . Change startup type first to stopped and then disable it. Also try stopping in safe mode.

4. The Memory fix has been halted as normal release is 1st to Au Ca and Ko users the 2nd release US and UK and then rest world . The release was stopped due to issues that is why some have got it some not. Disable and wait a bit please till someone who gets paid replies.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community