Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmcole
Contributor II
Message 301 of 358

Re: AnalyticsSDK process and possible memory leak

Jump to solution

I disabled ClientAnalyticsService from Services and that seemed to stop the blocked Internet access problem from all browsers, email clients update agents, etc.  I check the directory you mentioned and the files you mentioned do not exist there.  However, the do exist in the "Leegacy" sub-folder at the rev's you specified as the "fix" version.  CLEARLY THESE VERSIONS DID NOT AFFECT A FIX.

It appears to me that ClientAnalytics is spyware used to examine the contents of your machine and your Internet habits.  Odd that Intel / McAfee don't tell you that they are spying on you this way.

Anyway, since McAfee won't fix this problem, and make it so damned impossible to report bugs, it appears time to move to a better functioning, better supported anti-virus / firewall suite. Any suggestions?

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 302 of 358

Jump to solution

- I have suspected that AnalyticsSDK might be spyware for a while but thought I was just being a slightly neurotic conspiracy theorist. Is this just your gut feeling or do you have real evidence? It would make sense to me if it was, because what is the point of having an anti-virus program, part of which you can disable, without affecting its anti-viral efficacy! The lack of response from McAfee is rather telling.

confour
Former Member
Message 303 of 358

Jump to solution

I see that the owner of the program McClientAnalytics - is labelled as:  "Intel Security"  - are they all in on this spyware caper ??

I was able to 'Disable' the service and all better (for now).

I then thought to rename the Program - to BAD-McClientAnalytics - BUT it does not allow me to do so even though I am Administrator with full rights - on my laptop.

Analytics-file-Rename-Capture.JPG

Peacekeeper
Message 304 of 358

Jump to solution

DougK_t3 told me to pass on and I did pass on what is quoted below several pages back.

Why users still feel Mcafee has an interest in what is on one's PC beats me but I trust his word explicitly. I as a Mod for 14 years have never seen McAfee do anything to invade users' privacy in fact they are strongly for privacy.

Client Analytics monitors the health and activity of the McAfee installation. We do NOT, of course, touch PII nor do we monitor any other part of the system - either Windows itself or the customer's data or activities. We monitor only McAfee. Period.

Till April Intel Security is McAfee then they have sold the majority ownership. It will become Mcafee again.

adiv
Former Member
Message 305 of 358

Jump to solution

After much frustration with this, I was finally able to get McAfee UNINSTALLED completely. I will never install this garbage SW on my system again, despite using it for years. This insanity in recent weeks had crippled my system worse than anything I've ever encountered. McAfee's inability to provide a rapid solution indicates to me that this is not the company to rely on for system security. Unbelievable.

Peacekeeper
Message 306 of 358

Jump to solution

Sorry you left if you had 15.1 you probably would still be with McAfee

adam1
Former Member
Message 307 of 358

Jump to solution

So how do we use the computers that have ClientAnalyticsServices disabled until such time that a "fix" is available?

pcassady
Contributor
Message 308 of 358

Jump to solution

I have been having the same problem - Google would not work, computer was very slow, Task Manager told me that Analytics SDK was using a lot of assets, I was unable to stop Analytics SDK or ClientAnalyticsServices (I could change them to "stopping" but never actually stopped). 

I was able to solve the problem by:

1. Restart the computer in Safe Mode (rather long process in Windows 10, these instructions from Microsoft website)

Search for "Settings"

Update & Security > Recovery

Advanced Startup  select  Restart Now

After PC restarts "Choose an Option Screen" appears,

Troubleshoot >Advanced Options>Startup Settings>Restart

After PC restarts see a list of options

Select 4 to start in Safe Mode or Select 5 to start in Safe Mode with Networking (so you can use internet)

2. When restarted in Safe Mode ( it takes a bit of time)

Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services

Highlight ClientAnalyticsServices > Properties > Disable

Open Task Manager (Control-Alt-Delete) to be sure that Analytics SDK is not running

3. Restart computer in usual manner.

Open Task Manager (Control-Alt-Delete) to be sure that Analytics SDK is not running

Open McAfee and change Automatic Updates to "Notify me when updates are available" instead of allowing McAfee to automatically update and possibly reintroduce the problem.

I certainly hope that this works for you.  It seems to have worked for me.  I was unsuccessfully following the instructions given in previous replies, but it was necessary for me to Restart in Safe Mode for success.

bonzo47
Former Member
Message 309 of 358

Jump to solution

- Apparently Analytics SDK has no effect on the anti-virus protection we are told. Certainly my PC is running well since I disabled ClientAnalyticalServices and there has been no problem with viruses (as far as I can see, that is!).

Peacekeeper
Message 310 of 358

Jump to solution

It has zero, nadda effect on virus and firewall protection or updates. It is wholly a McAfee health reporting mechanism that I fear is sick.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community